The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,328)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Google Mapmaker

In my latest post I talk about using Google Mapmaker to label the bike paths and lanes near my home.   http://cyclingthesuburbs.blogspot.co

Started by Adam "Cezar" Jenkins

0 Jul 20, 2011

One MORE reason to ride a bike

Although the few of us that do are exposing ourselves to high levels of pollution, at least I'm not contributing. And clean with soap and w…

Started by Mike Zumwalt

0 Jul 20, 2011

Trek District - theft witnessed

Tonight I just witnessed what I think was the exchange of a stolen bike to the 'buyer'    The bike was a trek_district   I young african am…

Started by K

9 Jul 19, 2011
Reply by Vilda

Horn Technical Help

So I am now the owner of one of the most ridiculous bikes ever . . . has anybody successfully added a significant horn (e.g. aoogah or cow…

Started by Marty A.

9 Jul 19, 2011
Reply by Far'arned Retrogrumpalunkus #63

Cool Names For A Black Bicycle

I've recently decided to give my bicycle a name. I know it's kind of cheesy but I know a lot of people who do it. I figured people name car…

Started by Christian Branch

36 Jul 19, 2011
Reply by Christian Branch

We wish we didn't have to celebrate...

It's the one-year anniversary of our Crash Support Hotline 312.869.HELP(4397) and our own Rebecca Resman, along with 22 volunteers, have fi…

Started by Active Transportation Alliance

0 Jul 19, 2011

environmental ride on 7/16

Have you ever wanted to do something to help maintain our city's parks and nature areas?  I'm leading a short ride on Saturday 7/16 to give…

Started by Anne Alt

5 Jul 19, 2011
Reply by Anne Alt

Not a frickin' thing to lock to. (Use this thread to note your bike rack requests.)

I was at a get-together on Saturday night at Maria's in Bridgeport, and there was absolutely nothing to lock to anywhere nearby-- every pol…

Started by h' Zerocats

3 Jul 19, 2011
Reply by Spencer "Thunderball" Thayer!

Problems with U.S. Postal Service trucks parking in the Kinzie Lane

Folks,   Steven Vance, my colleague at Grid Chicago, has noticed that the USPS workers are getting in the habit of driving and parking in t…

Started by John Greenfield

6 Jul 19, 2011
Reply by Jennifer on the lake

Oak Park Police Auction-- 7/23 Sat

Courtesy of Brian Crawford:   Police to sell unclaimed bicycles More than 150 bicycles recovered by the Oak Park Police Department over th…

Started by h' Zerocats

1 Jul 18, 2011
Reply by mike w.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service