Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is European Style Cycling Too Slow for America?

Sex columnist Dan Savage, fresh back from a cycling trip to Munich, decides that European cycling speeds are far too slow to be accepted b…

Started by Thunder Snow in Bikes and Bicycling

25 Nov 5, 2015
Reply by Sebastian Baptiste

Assessing Interest in LCI Seminars in Illinois in 2016

You are invited to take a survey to determine the interest in League of American Bicyclists Cycling Instructor Certification Seminars (LCI…

Started by Larry Mysz in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Nov 4, 2015

Looking to barter for a rebuild of my Candy 2 pedals

Can you help? Do you have a kit?I can offer some combination of the following: OptygenHP for racing (I used it in Marathon training). I've…

Started by David in Marketplace

5 Nov 4, 2015
Reply by Yasmeen

Chicago Police Bike Patrol

Does anyone know how I can contact (phone and/or email) the chief, or person in charge, of the Chicago Police Dept. Bicycle patrol?

Started by Rich Scott in Bikes and Bicycling

8 Nov 3, 2015
Reply by Andrew Bedno

funding for biking and walking projects threatened in Congress

Three proposed amendments to the federal transportation bill that's currently in the House are a potentially serious threat to funding for…

Started by Anne Alt in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Nov 3, 2015
Reply by Anne Alt

What happened to the protected lane on Kinzie?

I biked on Kinzie yesterday for the first time in several weeks. In the block west of Wells, the bike lane was filled with parked cars. In…

Started by R.D. Yant in Bikes and Bicycling

8 Nov 2, 2015
Reply by R.D. Yant

Laser-shooting LED bike light could improve safety for cyclists

http://www.digitaltrends.com/sports/laser-shooting-led-light-could-improve-safety-for-cyclists/ Source: Digitaltrends.com by Mike Lacy 10/…

Started by Tom A.K. in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Nov 1, 2015

Nurse on bike hit by car carrying shooting victims to hospital 10/30/15

http://abc7chicago.com/news/3-shot-in-rogers-park;-wounded-driver-strikes-biker/1058983/ A 59 year-old St.Francis Hospital nurse, Karen I…

Started by Tom A.K. in Bikes and Bicycling

7 Nov 1, 2015
Reply by h' Zerocats

Chicago is #6 on the list of cities fastest growing bike cities. Detroit is #1.

Detroit has added over 170 miles of bike lanes since 2006. "Bike commuting grew over 400% in Detroit from 2000 to 2014, according to a new…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

2 Nov 1, 2015
Reply by Mike Zumwalt

Bishop Only Receives a Seven Year Sentence for Killing Cyclist Under Influence and Texting

The family and the state requested a 10 year sentence.  She had a previous DUI conviction. She fled the scene after hitting the cyclist, To…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Oct 31, 2015

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service