The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was riding in early enough to see the full moon through scattered clouds.  Very Halloweenish!

For more bike commute photos from today's wet ride, click here.

soggier than i was prepared for.

It was the spitting in the face kind of wetness! 

Photos:  +100

What a nice, but a little wet, day for a ride. Lincoln Sq to Oak Park.

Notes to self:

1) while it's beautiful riding through a rainy forest, avoid braking on piles of wet leaves.

2) buy some rain pants--my jeans are still soggy after only a two mile ride.

The rain was a delight. I had a raincoat, the trunk rack has its own raincoat and the temperature made it so the raincoat did not create its own weather system inside. I met with three other well prepared riders who were likely called loons by spouses and colleagues.  Loons fly through the rain laughing all the way. Lets hear it for fenders.

+1

My husband asked me if I wanted him to drive me to work today!

David Barish said:

The rain was a delight. I had a raincoat, the trunk rack has its own raincoat and the temperature made it so the raincoat did not create its own weather system inside. I met with three other well prepared riders who were likely called loons by spouses and colleagues.  Loons fly through the rain laughing all the way. Lets hear it for fenders.

Mostly moist coming an going.  The LFP was abandoned, except for a few laughing loons. 

Beautiful morning ride.

Jeff, coming from the south side? Is it Northerly Island? Great photos.

Thanks.  It is Northerly.  I come from the north side, but use it to add 4-5 miles to my commute to the loop.  I just love the purples and yellows together so I had to stop to take the photos while I still had the chance.  Not many more nice days like this left this year.

Lisa Curcio said:

Jeff, coming from the south side? Is it Northerly Island? Great photos.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service