What are your biking goals (big and small) for 2020?
I wrote mine down this morning. Really more fitness goals. Combination longer rides, some running to take me through 2020 with weight training mixed in. It’s been a while and I let my asthma get the best of me. Hoping to tackle it this year so it doesn’t fully impact my lung capacity and fitness level.
Last year was the first time I've ever really tracked my mileage on an annual basis, and specifically tracked my commuting mileage. I managed 827 miles on Divvy in 2019, so I guess a goal for 2020 would be to top 1000 miles of Divvy bike commuting.
Outside of commuting, I'd generally just like to just ride more and specifically do more group training rides over the spring/summer. CX nationals will be in the Chicago suburbs this fall (Dec 8-13) so I'm hoping to participate in that. Up to this point, most of my CX racing/training has been a solo effort, so maybe 2020 is a good year to join a race/training team to help improve my results.
Agree with the Fitness aspect. I really pushed myself in 2019 on biking, running, weights, and diet.
Lost 18 lbs from March to December. Looking to lose another couple, then maintain the fitness/diet to keep feeling better.
For biking, I think my goal will be bike to work any day the weather or being sick doesn't prevent it.
Do a 200k brevet again in the spring, and a 300k later in the year.
Improve my speed for endurance rides. I can do 15mph all day but I'd like to get stronger just for the sake of fitness.
Replace more of my multimodal commutes (Avondale to Englewood) with all-riding commutes.
- Teach my 5 year old how to ride a bike and be comfortable letting her ride. We ride a lot in the summer and fall, but together on a tag a long. It's SO TIME!
- Ride as much as possible with the twins when they can sit up (in 2ish months).
- Attend a critical mass with my 5 year old this summer or halloween.
- 2020 or 2021 restart the north shore ladies rides and/or Deerfield Kidical Mass. There is a bit of pulling teeth out here and my time is limited, but thats my goal for this summer or next. CANT WAIT!
- Invite all of you on a nice ride exploring this area of the burbs.