The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'winter' (71)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

For those who prefer indoor training...

During the winter months we understand some riders prefer to take their workout indoors for one reason or another. However most of the time…

Started by TheCycleStudio

0 Oct 28, 2009

The Chainlink in Crain's

Here's a link to Mondays' article in Crain's Chicago Business on winter cycling. http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/mag/article.pl?arti

Started by Anne

1 Jan 14, 2009
Reply by Active Transportation Alliance

Winter biking shoes for pedals with toe clips

I am planning on commuting via bike through winter for the first time and I have been looking for a good pair of winter biking shoes/boots.…

Started by Maxwell Palmer

19 Dec 17, 2008
Reply by Brett Ratner

Aw, snow yeah!

Ok, so it seems the ride this morning sucked for some folks. I couldn't be happier! Waterproof-windproof-thick as hell gloves- Check Water…

Started by Danielle

36 Dec 9, 2008
Reply by Ammo

Green bike lanes and all painted pavement is extra slick when wet or icy!

I crashed and broke my nose the instant I hit a green bike lane yesterday! I also happen to be a very active bike advocate whose passion is…

Started by Jody

11 Dec 6, 2008
Reply by Jody

Advice to a Newbie on Windy Riding

Any suggestions for riding in windy weather? Should I use a heavier bike in windy travel? What gear should I be in? Any advice would be gre…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

19 Nov 3, 2008
Reply by GabeW (not the other Gabe)

Chainlinkers talk about Winter Biking in the Sun Times!

Tips to keep you rolling along October 27, 2008 WITH MARY WISNIEWSKI mwisniewski@suntimes.com This was the year of bikes in Chicago --…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

0 Oct 30, 2008

Anyone interested in The Art of Wheel building Interactive Discussion?

My shops personal wheel builder will be speaking on the science wheel of building. He has built thousands of wheels for a variety of uses.…

Started by Ron

19 Oct 20, 2008
Reply by Ron

a budget slush crusher

I'd like to hear what helps to get around when the roads are at their worst. I'm looking to put together a beefier ride for this winter bu…

Started by root

20 Oct 19, 2008
Reply by Steve 3po

BYOTrainer Training - Pedaling With A Purpose

I saw an interesting idea come across a listserve and wanted to share it with those of us who do winter training and are kind of thinking a…

Started by Leah

0 Oct 16, 2008

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service