Forum Discussions (15,468)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Navy Pier Flyover for Bikers, Joggers Delayed (Again)

Those hoping to use the new flyover path near Navy Pier will now have to wait even longer than expected, and taxpayers could be on the hook…

Started by Gene Tenner in Bikes and Bicycling

16 May 31, 2018
Reply by Ernesto Lube

Workcycles Transport Double Top Tube SOLD

This might be the most durable and bombproof commuter/hauler around. Has ability to hold 110 pounds in the rear and 55 up front with the re…

Started by Dave Grossman in Marketplace

8 May 31, 2018
Reply by Ken

So Sad. Such a waste.

I passed this on the sidewalk while walking to work.  It's a bicycle set-up for decorative purposes.  Including a Brooks saddle that is des…

Started by dav in Bikes and Bicycling

11 May 30, 2018
Reply by Ken Kovar

26'' Rear Touring Wheel, Deore / Velocity Aeroheat AT

26'' (559) Rear Wheel Custom / Handmade for touring. Never ridden. Shimano Deore 10 speed hub (will accept 8,9,10 speed cassettes) Velocity…

Started by Patrick Tivnan in Marketplace

0 May 30, 2018

Summer reading when not out riding

Get Started Commuting By Bike Chicago Public Library From how to navigate the city streets to how to repair your bicycle, these book…

Started by Bob Kastigar in Bikes and Bicycling

0 May 28, 2018

Trek 830 as BIG Man Bike

Hey Gang, Im new here. I bought a Trek 830 years ago late 90’s maybe early 2000’s. I was about 250 back when I use to ride bikes. Fast forw…

Started by James in Bikes and Bicycling

3 May 26, 2018
Reply by Elwood Gruschow

Green Guru Commuter Backpack SOLD

Not using this as an actual commuter bag anymore as my spine dislikes static flexion and backpacks. I bought it last year and used it mostl…

1 May 25, 2018
Reply by Dave Grossman

Sad Uber Event

An autonomous Uber vehicle struck and killed a woman crossing the street on her bicycle: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/self-driving-

Started by Jim Reho in Bikes and Bicycling

30 May 25, 2018
Reply by Jennifer on the lake

Civia Bryant Belt Drive Drop Bar Alfine 8 58cm-$950

I need to thin the herd and this beauty of a commuter/tourer needs to go.  I bought it from Jon Lind a few years back after he told me abou…

10 May 25, 2018
Reply by Robert Nava

Bike Lanes Ain't Cheap, But They're Worth It!

Seattle is wondering why it's costing so much to expand its bike lanes. It may only be able to provide half of the fifty miles promised bec…

Started by Tom A.K. in Bikes and Bicycling

1 May 22, 2018
Reply by David Henri

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service