The Chainlink

I need to thin the herd and this beauty of a commuter/tourer needs to go.  I bought it from Jon Lind a few years back after he told me about his and how versatile it was.  I have used it only for commuting but often thought of doing an S240 with it.  It is a very versatile frame that can be run fully geared, single speed, belt drive, disc, or even with road calipers as well.

It is the only production bike ever made with Alfine 8, Versa 8 Shifters, and belt drive as far as I know.  It isn't the lightest bike with the IGH but is is quiet, smooth and efficient.  You can wear any pants you want without a strap with the belt too.   Kind of a super commuter.

Shifter cable and brake cables are all new.  It is ready to roll.  Has a couple small scratches in the paint here and there but no dents or dings.  The right shifter has some scratches but is functionally perfect.

Current setup is as follows:

58cm Civia Bryant frame and fork (cro-mo, tig weld, great finish and paint)

FSA Orbit Headset

Alex DH-19 Rims (32 Front and Rear). Front is laced to a 6 bolt civia hub, rear is an Alfine 8.

Avid BB5 Mechanical Discs

700x32 Schwalbe Marathon Supreme Tires (in great shape, never had a flat in em).

Civia 104 BCD cranks (175mm)

Shimano UN55 BB 68x110mm

Gates 50T front ring

Gates 24T rear cog

Games 118mm Carbon Drive Belt

BB installed belt guard

Versa 8 Integrated Shifters.  These are the only of their kind.  JTek made a bar end shifter but nothing like these integrated style.

Salsa Woodchipper Bars 44cm

Jamis 90mm 31.8 stem

Easton Cork Tape

Civia Fenders and Rear Rack 

Civia 27.2 Two Bolt Post

Pletscher two legged kickstand.  This is fantastic when loading panniers.

Honey Brooks B17 

MKS Touring lites.

Its a pretty square 58cm.  Full stats are here with a geo chart tab at the bottom: http://civiacycles.com/bikes/bryant/

I'm in no hurry to sell but I would like to clear out some space.  

Asking $1000

Views: 2079

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Still available!  Make me an offer!

I think I test rode this one when he had it in the shop.  Sweet ride.

Thanks Anne.  It has some crazy versatility as it can be rebuilt in so many ways.

The warm weather is telling you how much you need a drop bar belt drive IGH monster!!!!!

Spring bump and price drop!
Price dropped again

Hello Dave.  Still available?  I saw your CL ad back in the winter...I am intrigued.  What would you guess the total weight might be as pictured?

Hi Yolo,

The Civia is long sold. I would guess it's weight loaded up was around 30 lbs.

This the perfect commuting machine.

I've been on a Civia Bryant, same as the bike in this write up, for almost 3 years. it has been fun, but I'm looking to move on to a bike with a broader range of gears for my 15 mile commute. I've done all the maintenance myself and have some comments about this build, if you have questions. Mine will likely be up for sale soon, too. I'm in California.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service