The Chainlink

Chicago Cycling News and Topics (451)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mayoral Candidates - Who Is Bike Savvy? Thoughts?

When asking around, I heard these three candidates are some potential good bike-friendly options: Mendoza Lightfoot Eniya Let's use this t…

Started by Yasmeen

203 Apr 24, 2019
Reply by Tom A.K.

Cyclist's Family Awarded $5.25 Million in Fatal Crash

4-18-19. 2:20pm https://www.chicagobusiness.com/law/cyclists-family-awarded-525m-fatal-accident "The family of Virginia 'Ginny' Murray has…

Started by Tom A.K.

10 Apr 19, 2019
Reply by Tom A.K.

Trail closure at LSD bridge tonight?

From the 2nd ward newsletter: Emergency Closure of Northbound Lake Shore Drive at Randolph Street https://gallery.mailchimp.com/936879b99e7

Started by Jennifer on the lake

3 Apr 19, 2019
Reply by Mike Schwab

Where to post bike project ideas

Does the city (and/or neighborhoods) have a public posting board of some kind for bike project ideas? A few ideas come to mind off-hand: C…

Started by David S.

7 Apr 16, 2019
Reply by ChicagoCyclist

Class, Race, and Sharing Space on the Lakefront Trail

I thought this might be of interest to Chainlinkers. Streetsblog writer Lynda Lopez unpacks the phenomenon of the Lakefront Lance and what…

Started by John Greenfield

7 Apr 12, 2019
Reply by Tricolor

Jesse Rodriguez, Killed in September, "Back" Now, Not to Be Forgotten!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE --- WATCH THIS. Please share this with everyone you know, share it on Facebook, share it everywhere. Jesse was a great…

Started by Bill Nedza

1 Apr 5, 2019
Reply by Tom A.K.

Welp, CLP got his wish... No More Bike Lanes in Chicago

We've all read CLP's mantra, "STOP THE INSANITY!   NO MORE BIKE LANES!" shouted from the rooftops, shouted on the forum, shouted on group r…

Started by Yasmeen

5 Apr 1, 2019
Reply by Ernesto Lube

Is there a linear view setting?

I find it extraordinarily difficult to come back to a busy thread which I've not followed closely. The most recent posts may well not be an…

Started by Skip Montanaro 0mi

0 Mar 18, 2019

Seeking Teaching Artist to Create a Pop-up Shop with Youths at Blackstone Bicycle Works

Seeking Teaching Artist to Create a Pop-up Shop with Youths at Blackstone Bicycle Works BBW’s Friday Arts Workshop is creating bike-related…

Started by Matthew Searle

2 Feb 19, 2019
Reply by Matthew Searle

The BLK Bike Panel & Discussion @ Experimental Station (Blackstone Bicycle Works): honoring historic Black cyclists, highlighting Black-led Chicago cycling groups, and connecting cycling advocates

The BLK Bike Panel & Discussion: honoring historic Black cyclists, highlighting Black-led Chicago cycling groups, and connecting cyclin…

Started by Matthew Searle

3 Feb 14, 2019
Reply by Matthew Searle

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service