The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,163)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

10 reasons to bike instead of drive

I found this whilst looking up "bicycle safety". It's kinda funny, and some of it is actually valid. And funny. http://darrenhe.wordpress.…

Started by Danielle

7 Dec 10, 2008
Reply by Danielle

Bike stores open too flippin late!

I know I'm just being cranky and some wrenches are going to flame me for being so demanding, but C'MON! Car mechanics open early, because p…

Started by DRU Williams-Clark

10 Dec 10, 2008
Reply by DRU Williams-Clark

FOR SALE: Madwagon city/cruiser - $120 (wicker park/bucktown)

Moving back to the uk so the madwagon sadly has to go. Great city/cruiser for chicago.Fitted basket. My girlfriend informs me she paid $350…

Started by Marty K

0 Dec 10, 2008

horribly hilly hundreds

hi there, has anyone done this race before? i'm curious...and i think it's already on my sked...but i wanted to see what your experience wa…

Started by Yi Shun

1 Dec 10, 2008
Reply by EJ

Aw, snow yeah!

Ok, so it seems the ride this morning sucked for some folks. I couldn't be happier! Waterproof-windproof-thick as hell gloves- Check Water…

Started by Danielle

36 Dec 9, 2008
Reply by Ammo

Bah Humbug! Christmas Bike Tour?

I really don't especially like Christmas, but I do like not working for a couple of days. And I like biking. Would anyone be interested for…

Started by BalloonBiker

1 Dec 8, 2008
Reply by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

Studded Tires

Anyone know of a shop in the city that sells studded tires? I can find them online, but would rather not have to pay extra to ship them. Th…

Started by Chucko

6 Dec 7, 2008
Reply by David Travis

Green bike lanes and all painted pavement is extra slick when wet or icy!

I crashed and broke my nose the instant I hit a green bike lane yesterday! I also happen to be a very active bike advocate whose passion is…

Started by Jody

11 Dec 6, 2008
Reply by Jody

How to not die of boredom on a trainer

Unlike many of the brave souls here, I take my riding indoors when it gets cold. Riding my trainer isn't fun by a traditional definition of…

Started by Leah

10 Dec 3, 2008
Reply by S

Become a USA Cycling Official!

Folks, I'm adding this to the calendar, but since registration closes on the 20th, I thought I'd post as well. If you're interested in raci…

Started by Julie P.

6 Dec 2, 2008
Reply by Dubi Kaufmann

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service