The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,327)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Advice on dismantling and rebuilding an old Sturmey-Archer AW 3-speed Hub

I have a couple of Racers that I am going to combine into one super awesome Racer. Since one of them has a unrepairable rear wheelset, I am…

Started by Ryan L

8 Oct 3, 2009
Reply by Mike Bullis 5.5-6.5 miles

Fall Cycling Clinic

Hey Everyone, this is the group that I trained with for the North Shore and Apple Cider Centuries. If you're like me, you're coming off of…

Started by Ashley

4 Oct 2, 2009
Reply by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

Bikes For Needy Kids Program Expanded 2009

Bikes For Needy Kids Program Expanded 2009 Mikes Bike Shop will be giving away ten bicycles and locks to Adults, on Monday October 5th, at…

Started by Norm Hansen

0 Oct 2, 2009

bailey works vs. chrome?

anyone ever own both of these bags to compare?

Started by Noel Cunningham

5 Oct 2, 2009
Reply by yellow jello

FHWA Needs Research Ideas Related to Bicycles, Pedestrians & Health

FHWA's Environment & Planning Office issues call for research ideas related to bicycles, pedestrians and health CHAPEL HILL, NC — The…

Started by Erin

0 Oct 1, 2009

WTB: 27" or 700C Fork

So, I'm starting a project and I really need a fork. Does anyone have a threaded 1" road fork they're willing to part with? It doesn't matt…

Started by Gecko

6 Oct 1, 2009
Reply by M.A.R.K.

Use for old bicycle tubes?

I have many, many ripped tubes. Yeah, I know I could patch them, but I'm gonna be realistic and admit that I probably won't. Are they good…

Started by heather s

15 Oct 1, 2009
Reply by Mark Kenseth

Lakefront Path closure at Navy Pier

Does anyone know why the lakefront path is closed just south of Navy Pier on the bridge over the river? Is it going to be closed for a long…

Started by Amanda W

12 Oct 1, 2009
Reply by dan brown

Club music being pulled during critical mass???

I'm looking for the music that this guy was blasting from a trailer he was pulling during critical mass this past Friday night. He told me…

Started by Will Waterman

3 Oct 1, 2009
Reply by Vilda

I often find some sweet bikes at op shops and the like. Anyone else had some great finds?

I found this 1980s Colnago a few days ago at an Op Shop. All it needed was some new tyres and a good clean. Cost me $10! Anyone else had an…

Started by Michael Fahey

11 Sep 30, 2009
Reply by Michael Fahey

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service