The Chainlink

Share your pics, videos, streets, stories of what you find in the bike lane of the non-bike variety that has an impact on your ride and/or your safety. I've decided to keep it a little more open ended - cars, snow, buses, garbage, cabs, etc. If they shouldn't be in the bike lane, go ahead and add it to this thread. Please be safe if you are taking pics or video! :-) 

My hope is that we can collectively build some evidence of what we see when riding in the city with the overall hope of better enforcement of "bikes only" and improving maintenance. 

Update: More Hashtags to Capture Vehicles in the Bike Lane

With popular hashtags:
#BikeLaneShaming

#LaneSpreading (Chicago Bike Selling)

#ClearTheWay (ActiveTrans), there are many options to capture violations.

We think you should use ALL of them AND post your photos on The Chainlink. ;-)

Views: 83385

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

contact the delivery company, please! If they got one call, or better calls every few days about bad driving/parking behavior the driver WILL hear about it, especially with bigger companies.

please post this on the CC page of Facebook, email it to them. get the companies involved. the parking is a driver's decision--but make the companies help those drivers make better decisions in the future. If a company gets a complaint about a driver it can have an impact. 

Sharing pics/complaints here in the bicycle choir is one thing, but sending complaints to people who can take action is the where the change will occur. 

+1  

Is half-and-half better?

Franklin St, just south of Monroe, last night

Here's a double.  Franklin St, just south of Washington, last night.  And with parking spots immediately to the right!

Car parked in the bike lane at 6:20am this morning on Desplaines St just north of W Washington Blvd.
Attachments:

every single morning on north side of Harrison across from the post office. Today I finally stopped to talk to the driver. He told me to get lost (of course).  So, I called 311 and was transferred to dispatch.  Officer said they'd send a car. I don't know what happened because I continued on my way to work.

On Elston Avenue, around 5236 N Elston, around 1 PM on 11/10 Thursday.

After asking nicely and getting a bad response:

Causing any of these drivers delay, i.e., blocking them in as they attempt to pull away will have them thinking twice about blocking a bicycle lane again.

In frequently blocked areas, bicyclists need to petition the municipality to implement a loading zone, at least for certain times of day.

Found this near Adams before 9 a.m. today. No advance warning. No detour. WTF?!?

Nice place for storage right? 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service