The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

 

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

 

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

 

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

 

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

 

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 104323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You there on the expensive white road bike: come at me on the sidewalk one more time when I'm walking my 70lb dog (who's wanting to do ungodly things to you) and I am going to regret having that muzzle on him.

One of the main reasons I have to muzzle my dog is that cyclists like you continue to ride on the sidewalks, refusing to yield to pedestrians, even to women with children (yes, I've witnessed this on Augusta Blvd). 

When I yelled at you to "Grow up and ride in the street!" I meant it. You're not under 12, and I don't care how far your destination is - feet on the sidewalk; wheels on the roads. 

To the pedestrian I avoided this morning, you are right I did not stop for that stop sign... guilty as charged.

I was watching you on your cell walk towards the intersection chatting away, saw that you were walking into the crosswalk with out looking, I slowed and was planning on taking your six. Seems that you realized, when you noticed the car bumper in the corner of your eye, that you were in the street and jumped back... into my path. Sure I know I should have stopped but when riding in the city cyclists make calculations on where traffic/pedestrians are going as we ride along the street and you totally behaved erratically, you zigged when I was expecting a zag. I slowed enough that we were in no peril of colliding, the look on your face said it all "wholly crap I just walked into an intersection and totally did not realize it" Both the cars and I were aware of your lack of attention, you were safe... from us.

FWIW, when you live in the northern part of a city in the northern part of the state in the northern part of the country calling someone "Bra" just sounds so silly especially when you are a rolly polly fella in a poorly fit suite with dark hair. You my friend are no Patrick Swazye. 

this should be nominated for some kind of award...love it.

Tim S said:

To the pedestrian I avoided this morning, you are right I did not stop for that stop sign... guilty as charged.

I was watching you on your cell walk towards the intersection chatting away, saw that you were walking into the crosswalk with out looking, I slowed and was planning on taking your six. Seems that you realized, when you noticed the car bumper in the corner of your eye, that you were in the street and jumped back... into my path. Sure I know I should have stopped but when riding in the city cyclists make calculations on where traffic/pedestrians are going as we ride along the street and you totally behaved erratically, you zigged when I was expecting a zag. I slowed enough that we were in no peril of colliding, the look on your face said it all "wholly crap I just walked into an intersection and totally did not realize it" Both the cars and I were aware of your lack of attention, you were safe... from us.

FWIW, when you live in the northern part of a city in the northern part of the state in the northern part of the country calling someone "Bra" just sounds so silly especially when you are a rolly polly fella in a poorly fit suite with dark hair. You my friend are no Patrick Swazye. 

well done bra..

 


 
dan brown said:

this should be nominated for some kind of award...love it.

Tim S said:

To the pedestrian I avoided this morning, you are right I did not stop for that stop sign... guilty as charged.

I was watching you on your cell walk towards the intersection chatting away, saw that you were walking into the crosswalk with out looking, I slowed and was planning on taking your six. Seems that you realized, when you noticed the car bumper in the corner of your eye, that you were in the street and jumped back... into my path. Sure I know I should have stopped but when riding in the city cyclists make calculations on where traffic/pedestrians are going as we ride along the street and you totally behaved erratically, you zigged when I was expecting a zag. I slowed enough that we were in no peril of colliding, the look on your face said it all "wholly crap I just walked into an intersection and totally did not realize it" Both the cars and I were aware of your lack of attention, you were safe... from us.

FWIW, when you live in the northern part of a city in the northern part of the state in the northern part of the country calling someone "Bra" just sounds so silly especially when you are a rolly polly fella in a poorly fit suite with dark hair. You my friend are no Patrick Swazye. 

Love it Tim.

 

I had a nice one. Older woman on a bike rolled up behind me and complimented my bike tattoo at the intersection of Damen and Addison. Then said "it's really cute" and had the cutest giggle. Made me laugh.

To the woman driving her car  with Illinois License plate p18 2780 who yelled at me that I needed to get through the cross walk faster as she made a left turn from Clark to Washington around noon today - I was a pedestrian you may have failed to notice the white walk sign was illuminated and that you started your turn while that sign was still white. I was permitted to be in that crosswalk and you were not. Please pay attention.  Please take a xanax and please don't drive after you take the pill.

To the USPS tractor trailer driver who pulled out of the post office at Irving and Southport and then went northbound: Thanks for paying attention to bicyclists and giving us a lot of space. I did notice that your left wheel was consistently on the yellow line. Well done!

To the skateboarder who, I think cursed me out yesterday afternoon on Milwaukee (it was hard to hear, but I thought I heard the f-bomb): if you don't want to get squeezed, don't roll out from behind parked cars and salmon. I ain't movin' over for ya.

That's great!

I was riding next to a Skokie Beverage tuck on Clybourn the other day that was driving similarly - left wheel on the yellow line - very clear signals and driving. Such a refreshing experience!

Duppie 13.5185km said:

To the USPS tractor trailer driver who pulled out of the post office at Irving and Southport and then went northbound: Thanks for paying attention to bicyclists and giving us a lot of space. I did notice that your left wheel was consistently on the yellow line. Well done!

It's things like this that make me think that the CPD needs to crack down on traffic laws and start ticketing violations left and right for a while.  A little time and I'm sure drivers will learn plus the city gets some money from fines to help with the budget.  I was just visiting home for a bit and the difference was night and day.  

Just a few anecdotes:  I was waiting at a crosswalk going across a 4 lane road and 3 cars in different lanes stopped to let me pass even though there was a gap behind them that I could cross in.  Likewise, I've had a car turning  onto a street stop and wait for me to cross from the other side of the street even though it could have turned before I got to the lane it was turning onto.  Finally I saw 4 lanes of traffic get a green light and then stop about a 100 meters down the road to let someone cross in a mid-block crosswalk.

I would be shocked if any of this happened in Chicago.  


David Barish said:

To the woman driving her car  with Illinois License plate p18 2780 who yelled at me that I needed to get through the cross walk faster as she made a left turn from Clark to Washington around noon today - I was a pedestrian you may have failed to notice the white walk sign was illuminated and that you started your turn while that sign was still white. I was permitted to be in that crosswalk and you were not. Please pay attention.  Please take a xanax and please don't drive after you take the pill.

Maybe this is just a trend, but I've had the most polite interactions this week with motorists on Clybourn (btw North and Southport) : checking mirrors and returning my acknowledgement wave when I'm worried about being doored, letting me into the main lane with a wave for a second to go around parked delivery trucks, etc. 

Julia C 7.5 mi said:

That's great!

I was riding next to a Skokie Beverage tuck on Clybourn the other day that was driving similarly - left wheel on the yellow line - very clear signals and driving. Such a refreshing experience!

Duppie 13.5185km said:

To the USPS tractor trailer driver who pulled out of the post office at Irving and Southport and then went northbound: Thanks for paying attention to bicyclists and giving us a lot of space. I did notice that your left wheel was consistently on the yellow line. Well done!

It it's a trend, I hope it will hold.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service