The Chainlink

I've wanted to start this thread so many times this year. . . there have been so many beautiful, glorious days this year and each time I think "this is probably the last really beautiful day" and then another comes along.  Take yesterday morning-- what a wonderful combination of warm moist air and all the smells of autumn.

Bouncing this thread to the top heretoforth will be considered a declaration that said bouncer considers the day upon which the bouncing occurs to be the most beautiful day of the year.

Views: 5340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Today was a great day for a noontime ride over to Hot Doug's. I couldn't have asked for a better end to February.

-jbn

This truly was the most beautiful day of 2012 thus far. 

But Justin, the real treat for you wasn't the weather; it was the opportunity to eat at Hot Dougs. That's awesome, man.

Noontime on a day like this!? How long was the line? Then again, I guess it is a Wednesday...

2. Looking forward to the PM commute!

Jim S said:

This truly was the most beautiful day of 2012 thus far. 

But Justin, the real treat for you wasn't the weather; it was the opportunity to eat at Hot Dougs. That's awesome, man.

I got there about 11:15 (okay, a little before noontime), and there were 5-6 in line. When I left after eating, there was -no- line. Odd but true.

Only at Hot Doug's do you hear, "Or, we could have the Yak sausage. That looks good."

-jbn

I had a glorious ride to the west loop this evening-- orange sun, long shadows, just right temperature, great smells on the air on the way over, and all of the above except the sun on the way back home.

Same deal in the morning. Definitely the most beautiful day of the year today.

Bounce!

On days like this I think I am truly in love with this fine city of ours. Cool, plenty sunshine, no wind, low traffic...

Today is a fine example of a perfect Chicago day.

Definitely perfect. And ... the wait at Doug's was about 5-10 minutes. :-)

-jbn

Now that's really a perfect day.  :)

Justin B Newman said:

Definitely perfect. And ... the wait at Doug's was about 5-10 minutes. :-)

-jbn

Is it socially acceptable to bounce this thread twice a day?

My ride home was magnificent as well: Tired from work, the temps were nice, the traffic light and the sun lower on the horizon. I felt most refreshed once i got home...

Posting in arrears... while I personally like today's weather quite a bit, I think most would agree that yesterday was a most beautiful day of the year.

How about posting in anticipation?  The weather forecast read this morning on WFMT said that tomorrow would be in the 70s and glorious.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service