The Chainlink

If you have a bicycle and you didn't ride today, what's your excuse?

That is the question!

Views: 1233

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I broke my left radius March 15 and had a plate installed March 25.  I'm still under an orthopedist's care and he's asked me to abstain from cycling until my arm is at full strength.

Flew to Minneapolis where there is going to be a winter storm tonight.

wow, seriously? Arg... we usually get their weather!  I put away my winter gear :((

Leah Jone said:

Flew to Minneapolis where there is going to be a winter storm tonight.

that's a good excuse.  hopefully you will be back on your bike soon.

Barry Niel Stuart said:

I broke my left radius March 15 and had a plate installed March 25.  I'm still under an orthopedist's care and he's asked me to abstain from cycling until my arm is at full strength.

That is not an excuse; that is a reason!

Julie Hochstadter said:

that's a good excuse.  hopefully you will be back on your bike soon.

Barry Niel Stuart said:

I broke my left radius March 15 and had a plate installed March 25.  I'm still under an orthopedist's care and he's asked me to abstain from cycling until my arm is at full strength.

1) Now that I'm authorized to telecommute every day instead of ride the 12.7 miles each way, I'm not getting in NEAR the riding I did last year. This telecommute policy is a hazard to my overall health!

2) Muscles and a$$ still a little sore from riding to Waukegan and back yesterday.

I thought of both as the same thing?  

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

That is not an excuse; that is a reason!

Julie Hochstadter said:

that's a good excuse.  hopefully you will be back on your bike soon.

Barry Niel Stuart said:

I broke my left radius March 15 and had a plate installed March 25.  I'm still under an orthopedist's care and he's asked me to abstain from cycling until my arm is at full strength.

Since you're not spending time commuting, why not use that time to just go for a ride?

Scott Stelzer said:

1) Now that I'm authorized to telecommute every day instead of ride the 12.7 miles each way, I'm not getting in NEAR the riding I did last year. This telecommute policy is a hazard to my overall health!

2) Muscles and a$$ still a little sore from riding to Waukegan and back yesterday.

It's going to rain later.

OR

I wanted to see just how bridge construction is disrupting CTA traffic from the north.

OR

I want to walk up Michigan Ave after work to avoid the bridge construction, if it's not raining.

And watch tourists.

Subtle differences. :-)

 

excuse:  1 a reason given to justify a fault or offence. 2 something said to conceal the real reason for an action.

reason:  1 cause, explanation or justification. 2 good or obvious cause to do something.

Compact Oxford English Dictionary of Current English, Third Edition, Revised, (2008), Oxford Unieversity Press.


Julie Hochstadter said:

I thought of both as the same thing?  

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

That is not an excuse; that is a reason!

Julie Hochstadter said:

that's a good excuse.  hopefully you will be back on your bike soon.

Barry Niel Stuart said:

I broke my left radius March 15 and had a plate installed March 25.  I'm still under an orthopedist's care and he's asked me to abstain from cycling until my arm is at full strength.

Thank you, Lisa!

Ingles, of course, in not my native tongue, but I put an excuse in my question for a reason ;)

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Subtle differences. :-)

excuse:  1 a reason given to justify a fault or offence. 2 something said to conceal the real reason for an action.

reason:  1 cause, explanation or justification. 2 good or obvious cause to do something.

Compact Oxford English Dictionary of Current English, Third Edition, Revised, (2008), Oxford Unieversity Press.

RSS

Groups

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service