Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138981

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Swapped out my Chainlink jersey and my yellow Pearl Izumi shell for a Road Holland jersey (also merino wool) and my red Pearl Izumi shell this morning. About froze my patoot off on the way to work. I'll have to swap one of them back for tomorrow's commute, but my initial guess is the Road Holland jersey doesn't provide as much loft as my Chainlink jersey.

Not having ridden last week, I apparently have forgotten how to dress when it is cold but not windy.  I cannot begin to tell you how overdressed I was today!  But I was glad to ride my bike.

That first sunrise photo is an outstanding gem among gems!

Gene Tenner said:

Nice!  I've thought about getting a folding bike for these winter type situations when I'm not sure if I can brave the snowy commute both ways.  I haven't rode since it snowed, but I'm going to give it a shot this weekend when there's less traffic.  

Thomas Bruzan said:

Today Folding Thunder rolls over 5000 miles on the odometer, two years of commuting to the Scientific Instrument Shop at UIC (old picture without snow and studded tires).

Have you tried Divvy?

yai danche said:

...for these winter type situations when I'm not sure if I can brave the snowy commute both ways... 

I found Divvy uncomfortable, but I had a hard time shifting.  I should try it again since their tires look pretty beefy and there are stations by work.  I have test rode a Dahon, which is pretty comfortable.

I rode. And got pushed off Hamilton Ave by a bully-driving an X5. Got in ~16 miles today.

I was just right except for my socks. Or shoes.  Either way my toes went numb.

Yay for all the folks who are out riding through the Winter!

I did my 8 mile ride to school/work today, and will be doing the same on the way back home in about an hour! Year round commuter here; I'm up to 112 miles or so for the year.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service