The Chainlink

How many other cyclists did you see on your commute this morning?

I'll start: 1.

Views: 8399

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw a guy at 98th & Longwood this a.m. Didn't see any other cyclists until the South Loop.

The only person on wheels I saw before hitting town this morning was Gene.  There were plenty of people on Divvy bikes once I got into the city, though.  Some lingering snow on the lakefront almost made me think of getting studded tires, but like my car I'd be too lazy to change the tires alone and would want a second set of wheels, too.

I have a super-short commute through my neighborhood, and yet I still saw about 7 people also riding this morning! (If you're one of them on Damen, Sunnyside, or Lincoln, I'm the one ringing my bell at you from the tinsel-covered bike...)

I left my skinny bike at work last night and rode a fat Divvy, for the first time, on a unplowed Damen Ave. This is definitely my new alternative when the roads are a little too suspect. I will admit the Divvy ride back to work this morning was so slow it was kind of humorous. 

I don't think I saw anyone else on a bike  in the morning or evening.

I had to pretend the southbound protected lane on Marshall Blvd was two-way since the other side was a mess, so maybe not such a bad thing.

Zero. Without wind it's really not that bad outside. Parts of Elston from Milwaukee to North are frozen over and/or not clear.
So last night I saw a few of us on the Roose. This morning going west bound was brutal when the wind picked up and dealing with mud slushy clumps around certain intersections. Taking Ogden down to Douglas, the side road on the north and east side of western was a cluster for me. Be safe.

Oh, and no one seen. No treads seen. : (

I saw 6 this morning between Logan Square and the West Loop

I came across one guy from Elston/Pulaski to about Elston/Ashland. Then from there saw about 6-7 other cyclists on Elston to Wacker/Michigan (via Milwaukee/Kinzie/State). It actually surprised me. I'm on a loaner mountain bike so the commute wasn't as slick as I'm used to with the road bike.

I saw 8, most in the Loop. Only one other person riding a bike on the Lake Front Trail.

On my way from ca. Lincoln Park to Evanston last night I saw a few commuters going home (one of them on a nice MB-4 with nice Nitto racks!), but nobody when I rode home from Evanston to Avondale. I didn't know how cold it was until after I got home! I saw three others this morning.

Wow, I went out of my way for an errand, making my little commute more than a mile, and I saw no one else riding this morning! What a difference a few degrees make! But there are bikes locked up around Lincoln Square, so others are still out there...Keep on keeping on, bike commuters.

Tomorrow I head downtown. Hope I see many more of y'all. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service