The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'winter' (71)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Need bike better suited for my height

Hello Everyone,Just found out about The Chainlink the other night while riding home in that hail storm on Wednesday. Not such a fun ride bu…

Started by Missy Hixon

18 Nov 13, 2010
Reply by Missy Hixon

Have a unicycle or an interest in them?

Well then, come out this Sunday for the first unicycle group ride.   http://www.thechainlink.org/group/unicyclists Sunday, November 144:3…

Started by Amber K

1 Nov 12, 2010
Reply by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

"Ask Me About Bike Winter" at Halloween CCM

Hey all, anyone want to volunteer to walk around at this week's Halloween Mass with a sign that says "Ask Me About Bike Winter" and answer…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

2 Oct 30, 2010
Reply by Genaro

Winter Bicycle Commuting

Hi,  I will first say that I am not sure at all what would be best for winter bicycling, as I have never done it before. Instead, I usually…

Started by Ann M. Erickson

11 Oct 14, 2010
Reply by RyanG

winter bike advice needed

I guess it's about time to think about how to get through this winter. Basically, I want to ride my Bianchi San Jose, which was stolen in…

Started by heather s

6 Sep 13, 2010
Reply by jennifer james

Bike Winter Swap & Expo / Photos

Hey All. Had a great time at the swap this weekend. Met some awesome people and generally enjoyed the day a ton. Though I totally forgot my…

Started by Tim Quirk

3 Feb 9, 2010
Reply by h' Zerocats

Overboots

This isn't another "what do you wear in the winter?" thread. I specifically want info on overboots. What are your experiences with overboo…

Started by Jera Sue

4 Dec 28, 2009
Reply by Jim "Niterider"

Found! Warm and wonderful glove combination

So, I wussed out of riding my bike to work yesterday because of the cold. I didn't think I had the proper gloves. I was so annoyed by my bu…

Started by Amanda W

1 Dec 11, 2009
Reply by Joe Studer 8.0 mi

New winter jacket time, need suggestions

So, the zipper on my Mountain Hardwear jacket is on its last legs and it has lost all its waterproofing (I just discovered in the sleet/rai…

Started by Books Steve

15 Dec 10, 2009
Reply by Davo

List of winter shoes

I'm going to put an end to my cold, wet feet once and for all. I think I'd prefer a MTB shoe since I want something with good traction for…

Started by Wild Bill

25 Dec 7, 2009
Reply by Brett Ratner

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service