The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'commute' (33)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Route Suggestions From Brookfield Zoo To Navy Pier

Hi, Any bikers out there commuting into the city from the western suburbs? Here is a link to a route I found. I rode half of it up to Centr…

Started by Michael Lizak

6 May 16, 2013
Reply by Michael Lizak

bike access on Metra - reverse commute and off-peak trips

I'm doing research for a blog piece about bike access on Metra.  I'd be grateful if any of you who take bikes on Metra for reverse commute…

Started by Anne Alt

16 Mar 8, 2013
Reply by Sean M. O'Grady

Rolling video

Just saw this great Transportation Alternatives video and wanted to share it.  I hope the embedding works below.  If not, please use the li…

Started by Anne Alt

1 Nov 23, 2012
Reply by Zach Roberts

Caption Contest: Yesterday on the LFT

Write your caption for one of these photos and win, um...accolades on this thread! I know many of you also saw this entertaining sight o…

Started by Melissa

25 May 17, 2012
Reply by Chris B

New Commute: Roscoe Village to Hyde Park -- Strategic Questions

Hey everyone (long time lurker, first time poster here), I'll be starting a new job in Hyde Park and want to stay on the bike! Questions f…

Started by Mr.PP

7 Mar 28, 2012
Reply by A.K.A Paul

Bus Rack Fail? Please Share Your Tales of Woe!

I commute from the northside to the south and back a couple times/week and often rely on a combination of my bike + the LSD express buses (…

Started by 2wheels4eyes

8 Nov 18, 2011
Reply by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

First Bike Commute Completed!

Today was my first commute to work via bicycle, a pretty decent haul from Lakeview (Irving and LSD) to Elmhurst.    Total distance: 18.66mi…

Started by Brian

32 Jun 7, 2011
Reply by Mark Kenseth

Calculate how much riding to work would save. - Thanks Lifehacker.

Biking to work seems like the eco-friendly thing to do, but does it actually save you any money on a short commute? Personal finance site K…

Started by Digital Dario

2 Aug 20, 2010
Reply by Mark Kenseth

Seattle perspective on biking to work

I found this Seattle blog item about biking to work.  The author has a legit point about park and ride lots, but I disagree with a lot of w…

Started by Anne Alt

0 May 25, 2010

office building bike access

A friend forwarded this NY times article about a new NYC law mandating that office buildings with freight elevators allow their use to give…

Started by Anne Alt

4 Jan 6, 2010
Reply by heather s

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service