The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'community' (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bike-Friendly Housing Co-op Unit for sale, asking $4900 buy-in, $1001/mo

The HUB Housing Co-op was started in 2005 by a bunch of Chicago cyclists.  We're a fun, yet responsible group.  Sam and I are finally leavi…

Started by Sarah Kaplan

4 Feb 8, 2013
Reply by h' Zerocats

Virtual Birthday Present! Happy day, Julie!

Our friend Julie loves kittens, lives in spandex, and runs a little website called The Chainlink.  [And by that I mean, she pours her h…

Started by Melissa

14 Oct 9, 2012
Reply by David Barish

Creative bikers needed for a homegrown parade.

Human-powered floats.  Mobile sculptures.  Wheeled art, sound, hotdogs and dancers.  Everything is welcome but flame-throwers and ketchup.…

Started by Melissa

0 Mar 14, 2012

Women's Cycling Meet & Greet Event!

Hey there ladies! I'm hosting a women's cycling meet & greet at New Wave Coffee on July 8. If you've ever thought "hey, I'm pretty fast…

Started by Becky Mikrut

0 Jun 16, 2011

Spring Bike Wash Time, "YOU pick the Chicago-based Non-profit" edition!

Folks!   It's time to start thinking of our first bike wash of the season! I'm thinking I'd like to go for the last Saturday or Sunday of A…

Started by Joe Sak

24 Mar 14, 2011
Reply by Joe Sak

Why so much hate Chainlink?

Why is there so much negativity in this space?  Am I just totally out of touch with reality, or are the forum rules totally disregarded wit…

Started by jlj

83 Mar 8, 2011
Reply by Mark Kenseth

What's in a bike rack?

A friend of mine makes steel sculpture. She does not ride a bike in the city, but thought I might be a good person to ask, "What makes a bi…

Started by Pedal To The People

20 Jan 21, 2010
Reply by Joe Studer 8.0 mi

Cycle N' Serve: co-conspirators wanted

I'm looking for people who like to ride bikes AND like to volunteer, to--you guessed it--combine the two. There's a bunch of events coming…

Started by Aveo

4 Apr 21, 2009
Reply by Rachel

Who do you think will win? We've got all these great submissions, it's really tough to choose! the old thread, for reference h3: (HAS WIT…

Started by root

14 Apr 9, 2009
Reply by M.A.R.K.

CBFs newest and most unique volunteer opportunity yet - Sunday Parkways!

Hey chainlink - It’s Jody, and surprise – I’m shouting out for volunteers again. Okay, okay, sarcasm doesn’t travel over email very well,…

Started by Jody

1 Sep 10, 2008
Reply by h' Zerocats

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service