Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Biking the Boulevards Video

Excellent video on the history of biking in the City.  http://video.wttw.com/video/1674429881/ From 06:00 to 22:00 this video covers th…

Started by Chris Devins in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Jun 18, 2014

What does everyone do or say to 'bad' cyclists?? Anything?

People do all kinds of ridiculous stuff on the road - we all know it. It stinks that, as cyclists, we often pay the price no matter who is…

Started by Jody in Bikes and Bicycling

80 Jun 18, 2014
Reply by Far'arned Retrogrumpalunkus #63

No one seems to want it, so I'm gonna keep it!

No one wanted this bike, so Imma keep it! Maybe I'll find time to ride it again one day.

Started by David Mann in Marketplace

18 Jun 18, 2014
Reply by David Mann

Bicycle-automobile collision avoidance system in development - how much would you pay?

At present, I am developing a sophisticated device and smartphone app that aims to dramatically reduce dooring incidents and other motor ve…

Started by Scott Pope in Bikes and Bicycling

13 Jun 18, 2014
Reply by Davo

Route Riding Northbound on Canal

Hi guys! So I'm a bit new to commuting by bike, but I love it so far. I'm trying to ride my bike anywhere that I would normally use the CTA…

Started by Lowrunna in Bikes and Bicycling

7 Jun 18, 2014
Reply by h' Zerocats

wheelbuilder needed

Anyone know a good wheelbuilder on the northside or in near north burbs.  even downtown could work. My brother rides 15 miles rt to work.…

Started by CJ in Bikes and Bicycling

8 Jun 18, 2014
Reply by Chitown_Mike

Bad Accident Involving Cyclist in Glenview This Morning

I passed by what looked like a horrific accident at the corner of Glenview Rd. and Wagner at 8:10 this morning. Police/Fire/EMTs already ha…

Started by Andy J in Bikes and Bicycling

42 Jun 18, 2014
Reply by Tom Z

Only 1/4 of Divvy type cyclists are women 538 (Nate Silver) discusses "Why Women Don't Cycle"

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/why-women-dont-cycle/   The 538 website explores the research on this issue and finds that "fashion" iss…

Started by Jim Shaw in Bikes and Bicycling

2 Jun 17, 2014
Reply by Jennifer on the lake

WNBR 2014

You any of you do it this year? Did you like stopping at the North Pond instead of Oz Park? Not as much body paint as previous year I thoug…

Started by Etienne in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Jun 17, 2014
Reply by Andrew Bedno

Xtracycle EdgeRunner car rack options ??

Are there any Xtracycle EdgeRunner riders out there that can recommend a car rack setup that works for this long tail?

Started by Chris in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Jun 17, 2014

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service