Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cycling needs a dismount.

This is one of the larger persisting issues in cycling in need of a solution even more than we need non-flattening tires. The dismount, the…

Started by Haddon in Bikes and Bicycling

3 Nov 29, 2014
Reply by Joe Guzzardo

Things that make you go hmmm....

This is the third Outer Drive related incident in the last week or so and they keep getting weirder. First a drunk kid rents a Divvy bike a…

Started by Joe Guzzardo in General Discussion (not bike related)

0 Nov 29, 2014

Ethics and other liabilities

IMAG0041.jpg I see this often, usually just wonder why it's left or when it''ll be removed, why the person didn't lock it better...etc. Th…

Started by Mike Zumwalt in Bikes and Bicycling

3 Nov 27, 2014
Reply by Matt M. 18.5KM

Bicyclist struck by two vehicles on Lake Shore Drive on North Side

A bicyclist was struck by two vehicles and critically wounded early Saturday (11/22) on Lake Shore Drive in the Lake View neighborhood on t…

Started by Bob Kastigar in Bikes and Bicycling

20 Nov 26, 2014
Reply by Eddie C

Patch for flat in the Winter?

I am relatively new to biking in this winter weather.  I commute 8-10 miles one way, depending on the route, then leave my bike outside (co…

Started by P.J.C. in Bikes and Bicycling

13 Nov 26, 2014
Reply by Tandemonium

Thanksgiving Weekend Shop Sales?

Just wondering if any local shops are having turkey day sales next weekend? Last year I got some great deals at On The Route and I think Bo…

Started by Dave Grossman in Bikes and Bicycling

8 Nov 26, 2014
Reply by Turin Bicycle

Bike shop fire

FYI, Last week Terri's Bike House in Countryside, Il burned down.  http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2014/11/20/fire-destroys-terrys-byke-haus-

Started by Bob Jarosz in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Nov 26, 2014
Reply by Tom A.K.

Looking for cycling enthusiasts

Hello, I am writing to see if there is any interest in helping with my small touring and rental group. This year, I started Riding Daily w…

Started by Darcy Phillips in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Nov 26, 2014

Finding source of "obey the same traffic laws..." statute

I'm trying to find a little bit of background on this statement from the Illinois Bicycling Rules of the Road pamphlet (page 4): When ridin…

Started by Skip Montanaro 0mi in Bikes and Bicycling

10 Nov 26, 2014
Reply by Mike Schwab

Motobecane GrandSprint (54) Roadbike

Selling a Motobecane GrandSprint roadbike. Bought it with about 500 miles and have only taken it for a ride once. Here is some information…

Started by Zach Alukos in Marketplace

0 Nov 26, 2014

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service