Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Would You Buy a Bike Bell You Can Ring When You Feel Unsafe, Pinging (Ringing) the Mayor?

Chicago could really use a bike bell like this. What a great idea. A Swedish company that brought us the airbag helmet has implemented this…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Jun 21, 2016

Does anyone know the female bike rider who was struck by a police officer last week?

Can put me in touch with the victim, a 29-year-old (the CPD told me; the Tribune reported she's 17) female who was biking west on Jackson a…

Started by John Greenfield in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Jun 21, 2016

Snax+Drinx on the LFT

I've made yet another specialty map on Google: Snax+Drinx on the LFT Restaurants and Bars and Concessions (or at least vending machines) k…

Started by Andrew Bedno in Bikes and Bicycling

4 Jun 20, 2016
Reply by Andrew Bedno

Is the Des Plaines River Trail worth it?

Thinking of going on a ride on it tomorrow (Saturday) but have heard bad thinks about it through the grapevine and and I have never been on…

Started by Renee Patten in Bikes and Bicycling

5 Jun 19, 2016
Reply by S

Attn Chainlinkers: Join Us for the National Bike Challenge!

Photo by Ronit Bezalel PeopleForBikes is announcing the fifth annual National Bike Challenge which starts on Sunday, May 1. The Challenge…

Started by Yasmeen in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

82 Jun 19, 2016
Reply by Frank Rico

Look, over there, it's a bike, it's a car, no its....

I like the general idea, except when it comes time to park the damn thing. https://totalwomenscycling.com/news/skeleton-cars-cycling-activ

Started by Joe Guzzardo in Bikes and Bicycling

2 Jun 18, 2016
Reply by Joe Guzzardo

Anyone have a Worksman SIDE-BY-SIDE "Team Dual" Trike?

I'm considering getting a Worksman SIDE-BY-SIDE "Team Dual" Trike (http://www.worksmancycles.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/sbst-3cb.html) so m…

Started by macbikegeek in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Jun 17, 2016

Lemond Revolution Direct Drive Trainer $325

Used Lemond Revoluton Direct Drive Trainer with 10 speed cassette. Good condition. Pickup in Evanston or Andersonville.

Started by Tristan Jackson in Marketplace

0 Jun 17, 2016

Chicago Bike Week shirts (anywhere to get them?)

Is there any way to get a Chicago Bike Week 2016 t-shirt? They ran out when I was in line still! It's the first time in 5 years I didn't ge…

Started by JimmyD in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

0 Jun 17, 2016

Where do you bike with your children? Any tips?

Hi Chainlinkers- In spirit of Bike Week, I am attempting to put together a bank of information for employees/families at the Children's Ho…

Started by kpnick in Bikes and Bicycling

7 Jun 16, 2016
Reply by Chris Mailing

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service