Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bike Thief Lassoed by Bystander on Horseback in Oregon

What happens to a bike thief in the West..... http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/06/bike-thief-lassoed-by-bystander-on-horseback.ht

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter) in Bikes and Bicycling

3 Jun 16, 2016
Reply by BikeScnhook

Can't find a parking spot for your business van? Use a cargo bicycle instead!

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20160616/bucktown/pedal-power-helps-chicago-window-washing-business-take-off Not finding a parking spot w…

Started by Mike Schwab in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Jun 16, 2016

Police Officer Hits Cyclist After Running Red Light

According to the video posted on Facebook by Chris Matthews, a police officer ran a red light and hit a cyclist near Hamlin and Jackson. Cy…

Started by Samuel Diaz in Bikes and Bicycling

11 Jun 15, 2016
Reply by Maurice

Australia Enacts Law Making It Illegal to Throw Things at Cyclists - Up to Two Years in Jail

At first, I read this headline and thought, "They really need a law for this?"  Yes, of course they do and we could use that law (and other…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Jun 15, 2016

NYC Off-Duty Officer Pulls Gun on Bike Messenger

An off-duty officer accused of pointing his gun at deliverymen on bicycles in Greenwich Village Monday. The men say the confrontation start…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

6 Jun 15, 2016
Reply by Paul Lazzaro

Police Action on Illinois Prairie Path This Morning

Two Elmhurst police officers on bicycles were on the Prairie Path at Spring Road at 7:15 am and two uniformed DuPage Sheriff's officers wer…

Started by Joe M in Bikes and Bicycling

4 Jun 14, 2016
Reply by Chris C

car starts to weave into your lane, you knock/bang to get their attention... they are a cop...

I saw a car stoped askew and a bicyclist down when I got to Desplanes and Washington this morning. I recognized the cyclist as someone whom…

Started by Ben R. in Bikes and Bicycling

197 Jun 14, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

Giant TCR Advanced 0 Shimano Ultegra Di2 Mavic Kysrium wheels size Medium $1700.00

2012 Giant TCR Advanced 0 Size Medium 50cm.  This has been a great bike for the past 4 years, but I am ready to move on to something new. I…

Started by Troy Brown in Marketplace

0 Jun 14, 2016

Stolen Bike - Cannondale Quick - $40 Reward

Hello, my name is Barclay I lost my bike in Chicago, and I'm looking for advice on what to do as well as posting a reward for the finding o…

Started by Barclay Kamaleson in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

3 Jun 14, 2016
Reply by Jaik S.

Something Nice on a Bike Ride through the neighborhood

I just had to share this.  Yesterday, I was riding eastbound on Sunnyside somewhere west of Lincoln Square, just enjoying the day.  As I pa…

Started by David H in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

7 Jun 14, 2016
Reply by Yasmeen

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service