Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

2011 Jamis Aurora 55cm - $350 obo

I bought this bike for a long camping tour several years ago, and it was perfect for the trip. Carried two heavy panniers and a tent strapp…

Started by Tyler in Marketplace

4 Sep 29, 2016
Reply by Tyler

Where Do Missing Bikes Go? What Do You Do If You See An Abandoned Bike?

It’s hard to imagine why anyone would straight up abandon a perfectly good bike.  Across Chicago, you can see these orphans shackled to sig…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Sep 29, 2016

Wow. So much for my theory that people don't drive around with angle cutters to steal bikes.

Okay it happened and there is video.  I still think this is incredibly rare and the stats bear me out.  But I did issue a caveat that you s…

Started by Josh L. in Bikes and Bicycling

9 Sep 28, 2016
Reply by Josh L.

Suggestions for Yuba Mundo Bags

I know there are a few cargo bike owners on The Chainlink who can hopefully help me out. I'm the proud new owner of a Yuba Mundo, and I wan…

Started by JMinHP in Bikes and Bicycling

4 Sep 28, 2016
Reply by JMinHP

The Chicago-Lincolnwood connection

The Lincolnwood path crossing to Chicago at Devon Avenue to the Sauganash Trail ("Marge's Mile) (Valley Line Trail) (Skokie Line Trail) is…

Started by Bob Kastigar in Bikes and Bicycling

10 Sep 27, 2016
Reply by Brian S

Is it safe to ride a bike in ‘America’s Best Bike City’?

A bicyclist was fatally struck by a truck Monday morning in the North Center neighborhood, according to Chicago Police. Is it safe to ride…

Started by Gene Tenner in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Sep 27, 2016
Reply by Tom A.K.

A Thanks To Chainlink Members

It seems that a lot of the discussion here right now is about the recent tragic deaths of cyclists, and that's as it should be.  I hope no…

Started by Jim Reho in Bikes and Bicycling

3 Sep 27, 2016
Reply by Jim Reho

$275 OBO: 2012 schwinn commuter for sale- must go by 10/2!

up for sale is this awesome schwinn bike that's been mod'd out and fancified. i'm moving home to the east coast and sadly don't have room t…

Started by Becca Darby in Marketplace

1 Sep 27, 2016
Reply by sten

Is it safe to ride a bike in ‘America’s Best Bike City’?

A bicyclist was fatally struck by a truck Monday morning in the North Center neighborhood, according to Chicago Police. Is it safe to ride…

Started by Gene Tenner in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Sep 27, 2016

Update: Cyclist Nick Fox Passed Away Sunday From His Injuries - Hit by a Train 6-26-16

http://patch.com/illinois/southside/funds-raised-help-pizza-maker-hit-train-sunday-night Source: Patch.com. Article by Tim Moran 6-27-'16…

Started by Tom A.K. in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

4 Sep 27, 2016
Reply by Anne Alt

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service