Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Carbon frames: what's the reality?

I've never had a bike with a carbon frame.  From what I've read, the newer generations of frames are much-improved, stronger, and more dura…

Started by Jim Reho in Bikes and Bicycling

10 Oct 7, 2016
Reply by daWillinChi

Strava Issues

Has anyone else had any issues with Strava ? Every ride I do has a speed spike of over 100 km/h. Now i know that have improved a bit, espec…

Started by We all have an inner Beast... in Bikes and Bicycling

2 Oct 7, 2016
Reply by Jeremy Bloyd-Peshkin

2014 Giant Revolt 2 (Small) for sale - good for gravel, etc.

I purchased this bike in late 2014 intending to use it for touring.  Unfortunately, although I loved certain things about it, the fit was n…

Started by Norah Webster in Marketplace

2 Oct 6, 2016
Reply by John Busch

Another cyclist killed, 9/26, North Center

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20160926/north-center/cyclist-killed-crash-with-truck-at-damen-addison-police-say I rode by around 8:15. T…

Started by Kevin in Bikes and Bicycling

34 Oct 6, 2016
Reply by Tom A.K.

Need Temporary Admin/Receptionist - 1 Month

I would like to fill this position with someone from the bike community. Keating Law Offices needs some help with answering the phone and v…

Started by Mike Keating in Job Postings

3 Oct 6, 2016
Reply by Mike Keating

First phase of North Branch Trail extension opens

The already popular North Branch Trail now extends 1.8 miles south from Caldwell and Devon avenues to Forest Glen. Construction on an addit…

Started by Gene Tenner in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Oct 6, 2016

Glow-in-the-dark bike paths!

This is just the coolest. Solar powered and everything! "TPA’s glowing path doesn’t require a power source. Instead, it is completely self…

Started by Babs Owca in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Oct 6, 2016
Reply by Tom A.K.

do we need to start rethinking our biking infrastructure?

Maybe it's just my impression - but our bike lanes seem to be installed mainly on the City's major arterials - Damen, Halsted, Western, Was…

Started by Kara B in Bikes and Bicycling

21 Oct 6, 2016
Reply by Lisa Gordon

Urban Repair Squad

We need the Urban Repair Squad in Chicago. They could fix that pesky sewer grate. Any idea what it takes to start a chapter?

Started by Skip Montanaro 0mi in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Oct 6, 2016
Reply by Jeremy Bloyd-Peshkin

To the group of cyclists that I passed on Halsted heading south, stopped at Archer.

To the group of cyclists that I passed on Halsted heading south, stopped at Archer. The only reason that I am writing this is because one…

Started by We all have an inner Beast... in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Oct 6, 2016

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service