Forum Discussions (15,468)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Speaking of grade...

There will be quite a bit of climbing on my upcoming trip around the north half of the Lake. That made me curious: what was the highest gra…

Started by Serge Lubomudrov in Bikes and Bicycling

11 May 19, 2017
Reply by Serge Lubomudrov

New Bike Lanes in Irving & Portage Park

Nice news for my part of the city.  https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20170519/portage-park/portage-park-iving-park-bike-lanes-road-diet-park

Started by Michael B in Bikes and Bicycling

2 May 19, 2017
Reply by Tony Adams

New Divvy Convert

Being a person with something like ten bikes, I never figured I'd ever be a Divvy subscriber. Then my February crash changed things. While…

Started by Skip Montanaro 0mi in Bikes and Bicycling

9 May 19, 2017
Reply by Alex Z

Cycleways in 1930's Britain

Saw this interesting article mentioned on the Classic Rendezvous Google Group: http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/britain-forgotten-1930s

Started by Skip Montanaro 0mi in Bikes and Bicycling

0 May 19, 2017

Cowalunga - anyone participate in the ride? Short interview request

I am writing an article about the ride and was wondering if we have a few Chainlink members that can share their experiences (and photos, i…

Started by Yasmeen in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

0 May 19, 2017

Bianchi Volpe 2014 Excellent Condition - SOLD

Great touring bike has sturdy steel frame and easy handling. When loaded with front and back panniers (not included), the bike handles ver…

Started by Yasmeen in Marketplace

4 May 19, 2017
Reply by Yasmeen

Fox River Trail % Grade

This seems like a forum with enough sophisticated bikers who might have an answer to this question:  I was biking along the Fox River Trail…

Started by George Schick in Bikes and Bicycling

3 May 19, 2017
Reply by PeteMoonman

I thought I had it rough on the ride home tonight...

This evening I was having a beer with a friend outside on Navy Pier (around 6:45 I believe).  Within 15 minutes the weather dropped from 78…

Started by Josh L. in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

0 May 18, 2017

Wrong way cyclists- an observation

Whenever someone is riding the wrong way towards me, I notice that as they approach they will expect me to veer into traffic that I can't s…

Started by V W in Bikes and Bicycling

57 May 18, 2017
Reply by curt(is) locke

Cyclist hit by fallen tree near lakefront 5-17-17

Fox 32 TV with video at 9pm has just reported that a cyclist on the lakefront has been hit by a falling tree from the high gusting 50mph wi…

Started by Tom A.K. in Bikes and Bicycling

4 May 18, 2017
Reply by Tom A.K.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service