Forum Discussions (15,468)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Environmental Factors When Riding

Right now I'm working on an article about the Cowalunga Bike Tour and it got me thinking about environmental factors we experience riding a…

Started by Yasmeen in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

7 May 25, 2017
Reply by Tom A.K.

No East/West Bike Lanes in the Loop?

Now that I am riding Divvy from Ogilvie to my office at Dearborn and Adams, it becomes apparent how few easy/west bike routes there are in…

Started by Skip Montanaro 0mi in Bikes and Bicycling

13 May 25, 2017
Reply by Skip Montanaro 0mi

Bikeyface Safety Cardboard Cut-Outs

Last night I had a bunch of errands to run and in the course of ten miles of riding around the city, I saw pedestrians crossing with their…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

1 May 23, 2017
Reply by Yasmeen

Helmets For Sale: Bern, Giro - price reduced

Bern Brentwood Helmet Size Medium  - $55  Includes summer visor, cold weather Zipmold liner Retail price $69.99 (helmet), $39.99 (cold weat…

Started by Yasmeen in Marketplace

1 May 23, 2017
Reply by Yasmeen

More fender advice

Thanks, all, for all the great info regarding fenders and racks for my old Trek 520! I was able to buy the Tubus racks for a steal from bi…

Started by Kelly in Bikes and Bicycling

2 May 23, 2017
Reply by Kelly

Getting shot at

So last Saturday on my way to visit family in Albany park. I got shot at on Kimball and Berteau. Some young men in a 4 door black Volkswage…

Started by Juan 2-3 or more mi. in Bikes and Bicycling

7 May 22, 2017
Reply by Serge Lubomudrov

Residents, Parking Spaces, & Bike Lanes - Why Do We Struggle So Much?

I don't know that I can recall an instance where the residents of a community embraced more bike lanes as a "good thing". Maybe it's becaus…

8 May 22, 2017
Reply by Tony Adams

Some unsolicited advice...VIDEO!!

Okay, now more than ever, I strongly believe in this (especially after reading Juan 2-8 Mi's post): If you don't already have one, GET A VI…

Started by BikeScnhook in Bikes and Bicycling

0 May 22, 2017

The Video May Be Staged But Women Do Have Similar Experiences

Been catcalled? Harassed while riding your bike? Touched by a motorist? All some pretty unsettling occurrences. While this video appears to…

29 May 21, 2017
Reply by alan miller

Purrrfect Pedal

Brazilian cyclist Viitor Fonseca was out for a ride recently when he happened upon a kitten who was apparently in need of a helping hand…

0 May 20, 2017

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service