Forum Discussions (15,468)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Stolen Bikes - How To Prevent Your Bike From Being Stolen

Advice from Chicagoist... Aside from the lock-up logistics, you should take proactive steps to protect your ride. It's a smart idea to reg…

Started by Yasmeen in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

3 Jun 12, 2017
Reply by Michael A

Divvy seat is a bummer - pun intended

I take the Divvy to work and back on days when there are rumors of rain not because I am worried about myself melting but because I have no…

Started by SlowCoachOnTheRoad in Bikes and Bicycling

7 Jun 12, 2017
Reply by Yasmeen

STOLEN BIKE ALERT: Bianchi Volpe in Lakeview

"MY BIKE WAS STOLEN. Between 4:30-7:30pm on June 6th, at 656 W Barry (Lakeview). 2015 blue Bianchi Volpe with a tan Brooks saddle, black fe…

Started by Yasmeen in Stolen Bike Alert

0 Jun 12, 2017

Family Friendly: Four Recommended Rides With Kids... What Do You Recommend?

Some ride recommendations from Chicago Parent... Lakefront Trail Is it cliché to mention? Yes. Is there a reason it’s cliché? Yes. The Lak…

Started by Yasmeen in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

6 Jun 12, 2017
Reply by Yasmeen

Broken Glass in Protected Bike Lane

I got a flat on my way north on Clybourn last week, due to broken glass in the protected lane. There was no way to avoid it. The glass was…

Started by R.D. Yant in Bikes and Bicycling

9 Jun 11, 2017
Reply by Mike Zumwalt

LFTmageddon?

I don't use the lakepath for my commute, but I'm sure plenty on here do. Curious to hear how your commutes were affected on Day 1 of the c…

Started by Alex Z in Bikes and Bicycling

22 Jun 11, 2017
Reply by Brian S

MDI Meidai Bicycle Pump and Automotive Pump Catalog

These two catalog pages describe an undisclosed year of the product range from MDI.  These models are: Super Deluxe G Super Motor (M.T.) P…

Started by Matt M. 18.5KM in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Jun 10, 2017
Reply by Matt M. 18.5KM

Biking from Chicago to Milwaukee, WI

Hello I would like to know if anyone has ever done a bike trip from Chicago to Milwaukee and if you have any advice and tips. Thanks. 

Started by Etienne in Bikes and Bicycling

52 Jun 10, 2017
Reply by Jared

Giant FCR 3 Women's hybrid bike small. I'm 5'4". $150

Handles pot holed roads as well as bike trails. Flashing front lamp and tail light. Kickstand. http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs

Started by Ellen Garza in Marketplace

0 Jun 10, 2017

A couple of really ignorant questions to which I probably should know the answers, but nope.

1) What's up with those bikes with that extra set of handlebars perpendicular to the regular handlebars, the ones that make the cyclist pra…

Started by BikeScnhook in Bikes and Bicycling

30 Jun 9, 2017
Reply by David P.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service