The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,329)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

You’re already an Active Trans member at heart. Become a member in action!

Dear Chainlinkers, We know that you want safer streets in your community so you can cross the road without worrying about getting hit. You…

Started by Active Transportation Alliance

21 Sep 29, 2010
Reply by Eddie C

Anyone have the sewing skills to make up a very simple pannier?

All of the recent CM rides have been going to the wrong part of town for my sound trailer . . .I need something very simple but sturdy to c…

Started by h' Zerocats

17 Sep 28, 2010
Reply by h' Zerocats

Aurora Critical Mass

I didn't see a discussion of this yet, but there was a CM ride in Aurora on Sunday and the news report actually seems positive. http://bea…

Started by Joel

13 Sep 28, 2010
Reply by Juan 2-3 or more mi.

Anyone driving to Atlanta for the NACCC?

I'm looking for a round trip ride on October to Atlanta for me and my bike. Is anyone here thinking about going?  I can help with gas, driv…

Started by Justin K Prim

3 Sep 28, 2010
Reply by Brandon Static

Working Bikes Shipping Party

Help Working Bikes achieve its mission which goes far beyond selling used bicycles. Working Bikes is always looking for new volunteers. Th…

Started by Gary Gilbert

1 Sep 28, 2010
Reply by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

Po Campo in Crains Video Contest

From Crain's Chicago Business: Crain's asked our readers to show us what it takes to be an entrepreneur in our first-ever online video c…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

0 Sep 27, 2010

This week's Bike Fall Forecast

The week ahead looks to be delightfully autumnal. Highs in 60s and 70s, lows in 50s and 40's. Great biking weather, but you might want to k…

Started by Gin

12 Sep 27, 2010
Reply by Marco Rayos

People for Bikes launches

http://www.peopleforbikes.org/   Does anyone know details about this site? This seems like a nationwide version of Active Trans? 

Started by KatieP

2 Sep 27, 2010
Reply by mindfrieze

Best way to secure a bike seat / front wheel?

Hi,I just bought a new bike, and was reading the discussion about bike seat thefts recently. Not wanting to have the same thing happen to m…

Started by GP

9 Sep 27, 2010
Reply by Tank-Ridin' Ryan

Ugh.... Have a seat?

Two weeks ago my friends bike was stolen. He didn't have much cash or transportation so I bought him a cheap bike from craigslist.   Last n…

Started by Lee S

24 Sep 27, 2010
Reply by Lee S

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service