The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,330)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Out of shape, seeking training partners.

Hey all,   Due to a hectic job I've been riding a lot less than I'd like to for the past few years.  I'm too slow for most of the group rid…

Started by Esfand Nafisi

7 Nov 6, 2010
Reply by cutifly

Kona Prototype Band Wagon stolen from Rapid Transit Cycleshop

Be on the lookout in Humboldt Park for "Roberto" who never returned from a test ride with this bike:2011 53cm Kona Band Wagon back: seri…

Started by spacemodular

22 Nov 6, 2010
Reply by Tank-Ridin' Ryan

Help me decide what to ride...

I'm calling this new blog post Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe. You can find it on the newly revamped Bike Winter site here: http://bikewinter.org/n

Started by Holly

3 Nov 6, 2010
Reply by Holly

New Lincoln Park Apple Store: Why No Bike Racks?

The new Apple store at North/Clybourn in Lincoln Park does not have bike racks.  Indeed, the picture of the store on the Apple website iron…

Started by kayaktjb

38 Nov 6, 2010
Reply by Anne Alt

US Bicycle Route System

A quick search of Chainlink postings did not turn up any previous posting of this, so I am linking to the article for Chainlinker comments…

Started by Moc Artsy

5 Nov 5, 2010
Reply by Tank-Ridin' Ryan

Illinois Prairie Path Detour – Aurora Branch Crossing

Hello Chainlinkers, we just got information about a detour and wanted to pass it on.This is copied/pasted from our blog, the first blog fro…

Started by Active Transportation Alliance

0 Nov 5, 2010

My uneasy relationship with helmets

I am in favor of bicycles, bicycling and bicycle safety. I am opposed to bicyclists sustaining injuries and particularly head injuries th…

Started by Kevin C Dormant

108 Nov 5, 2010
Reply by Far'arned Retrogrumpalunkus #63

bikewinter tag for upcoming events

Greetings,The official start of Bike Winter is just a few days away. I am thrilled to announce that Holly Rhode will be blogging about her…

Started by Gin

5 Nov 5, 2010
Reply by h' Zerocats

Riders by the Garfield Park Conservatory 11/4?

I don't see anything on the calendar or another forum post, but I was at work today and saw a bunch of riders (and a pickup truck full of…

Started by Keith Lewis

0 Nov 4, 2010

Groupon campaign to help Active Trans keep cyclists safe at night

The City of Chicago requires cyclists riding at night to have a front headlight and rear reflector. But it's not just a law -- lights are e…

Started by Active Transportation Alliance

6 Nov 4, 2010
Reply by Kevin Mulcky

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service