The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,327)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Handlebar Suggestions Please

I'm looking for handlebars for my fixie. I want a pair of risers with a crossbar, but I want a real short rise, like 2 inches. Any suggesti…

Started by Nathaniel Costa

0 Jan 22, 2010

how to build a bike?

My girlfriend has an old ten-speed (late 70's Puch) that I decided to fix up for her, using mostly parts I already have. Problem is, I don'…

Started by heather s

22 Jan 22, 2010
Reply by Ron

What's in a bike rack?

A friend of mine makes steel sculpture. She does not ride a bike in the city, but thought I might be a good person to ask, "What makes a bi…

Started by Pedal To The People

20 Jan 21, 2010
Reply by Joe Studer 8.0 mi

For the Lady 'Linkers

Two interesting articles, I'm curious to see what the ladies of Chicago have to say about the bike shop retail experiences? http://bikepor…

Started by Anne

10 Jan 21, 2010
Reply by dan brown

Vegetarian Cyclists?

Hello, Ten years ago, when I was in my early 20s, I used to be a vegetarian. I was a cyclist then, but not as serious about it as I am now…

Started by Cullen Carter

13 Jan 21, 2010
Reply by Cullen Carter

Where is a good place in Chicago to practice flat land tricks?

Hey,I just moved here from San Francisco and I am looking a place out here where I can get my fix. I'm looking for a place were I can pract…

Started by Nathaniel Costa

2 Jan 21, 2010
Reply by Nathaniel Costa

Part-Time Job: bike mechanic with teaching experience

We are a Chicago-based bike organization on the Southwest side seeking a Bike Mechanic/Instructor to develop and teach a weekly bicycle mec…

Started by Suzanne Shannon

0 Jan 20, 2010

See you tomorrow for Winter Bike to Work Day!

We can't wait to see everyone tomorrow morning outside our office (9 W. Hubbard St.) for Winter Bike to Work Day! Please note the new locat…

Started by Active Transportation Alliance

6 Jan 20, 2010
Reply by Rubani

Eight Reasons Why I Bike

I've posted an article on my blog about why I bike. If you'd like to read it, I would love some feedback from bikers. Here is the start the…

Started by Patrick M

21 Jan 20, 2010
Reply by Patrick M

Wanted: you on TV for Winter Bike to Work Day

Hi everyone! A local morning show wants to feature Winter Bike to Work Day tomorrow (of course) and has requested some winter biking folks…

Started by Active Transportation Alliance

4 Jan 20, 2010
Reply by Active Transportation Alliance

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service