The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,328)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

wluw fm 88.7 chicago journalist doing reaction piece: police are planning on enforcing law that cyclists are not to ride on sidewalk

I want to know your thoughts on this! You must be willing to go on record either via telephone or in person. and trust me, if you want to k…

Started by tessa

8 Apr 19, 2010
Reply by Jack

Does anyone have a used glider bike laying around they might want to sell?

I want to try to ween a four year-old off her training wheels. I would like to try and teach her to balance herself, and I think these type…

Started by Vondo

5 Apr 18, 2010
Reply by Vondo

This Week's Special Bike Issue of Streetwise

Did you pick up a copy of Streetwise this week from your local neighborhood vendor? If so, what did you think of the bikey edition?

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

1 Apr 17, 2010
Reply by T.C. O'Rourke

Recommendations for touch up paint?

Apparently I can't have nice things.  This morning I picked up my new Jamis Satellite, which I am SO excited about!  But in all of my new-b…

Started by Laura Blake

9 Apr 17, 2010
Reply by Laura Blake

Bike not stolen, but...

So, I know when your bike is stolen you report it on the "Stolen Bike Registry". However, what do you do when your back wheel is stolen? Mi…

Started by mattbikes1

2 Apr 16, 2010
Reply by h' Zerocats

Celebrate Bicycle Day!

I would like to celebrate Bicycle day, April 19th, a formidable day in consciousness and mind manifesting history! For those who are not fa…

Started by Yana

9 Apr 16, 2010
Reply by Yana

Now I know why I spent $500 on an iPad

Finally, something useful! http://www.maya.com/sprocket

Started by Ryan

3 Apr 16, 2010
Reply by Chuck a Muck

Rock Island rails-with-trails idea

There was an interesting article in yesterday's Sun-Times about a trail idea that has been studied and is starting to generate some discuss…

Started by Anne Alt

5 Apr 16, 2010
Reply by Anne Alt

Chicago Bike Documentary?

We're screening some short docs about Chicago at a party next week, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good short docs about bikes…

Started by Carl

0 Apr 16, 2010

Chrome Shoe Exchange - Swap for right size?

I recently took part in Chrome's "Turds for Gold" shoe exchange.  I received a size 10.5 but they are far too small.  Anyone do the same an…

Started by DanaW

0 Apr 16, 2010

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service