The Chainlink

Why on Earth Would You Pay Attention to Rebecca Black?

So Rebecca Black has 2 threads in the main forum and 1 in Kiddical Mass as I post this. And really i can only ask why over and over?

Is the Chainlink mainly made up of 13yr old girls? Is everyone on Chainlink hearing impaired? Does everyone here really love putrid music?

And how is it being debated that it sends a pro-car message? As much as we rail against cars all it shows is kids sitting in a car. That does happen in reality.

Views: 489

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i think these discussions say more about us than they do about RB, her parents, or the drivel they spend their money on.

what that something is, im still trying to figure out.  is our overemphasis on celebrity? is it our enjoyment of watching others suffer?

obviously, there is nothing remotely of interest or value in this song/video other than our reaction.

So what is your POINT?

All I see is you bitching about someone spending money on something you don't approve of and assert that it wasteful.  What should be done about it?  Take it away from them, make it illegal to spend money on wasteful things you don't approve of?  Give it to the poor?  

I've read this book before, sorry to beat the godwin stick again. 

If you have more to say than that maybe you should just spit it out.  I'm waiting...

Hehehehehe yep -i'm the one bitching. :-) the subject of this whole post is the question and iggi has come closest to addressing it. why r we paying attention to Garbage?

I was pointing out that there were multiple threads addressing this Garbage and could not for the life of me understand why. it has no value but what we assign it. it's not pro-car. they r in a car. and everything that has a car in it is not against bikes.

everything else in the thread is junk and funny cept for your angry rants that i wanna eat the rich. where's my bbq sauce? :-)
can someone open another thread now that john has closed his. we really need to address this more in depth! :-)

People do what they enjoy.

It seems that people enjoy talking about this horrible train-wreck of a video.

More power to them!

Stop figting it Gabe,  jump on board the Rebecca Black bandwagon!  You know you want to.

Is it too late for this:

Gabe, I closed the main "Friday" discussion already, but your re-starting the thread

and getting over 30 responses makes it obvious that Chainlinkers love to talk about

Rebecca Black. Obviously there's something intriguing about her video.

I am officially stepping out of the debate now, but for a good cause I just want

to remind people that fellow Chainlinker Aaron Busse and I will be performing

"Friday" at Quenchers this Friday at a benefit for Darwin Elementary School:

http://www.thechainlink.org/events/chainlinkers-perform-friday-at

Lastly, as proof that underneath all the Autotune Rebecca Black actually has

a very pretty singing voice, check this video of her singing the "Friday" acoustically:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CBzT2pv1Jc

See you on Friday, Friday!

- John Greenfield

Rebecca Black is an easy target because she is young rich and talentless.  She pisses off all the not so young, not rich, talented people because they want to be in her position eg: having your work seen by millions of people.

I think it is fascinating.  I think there is a lot of story here about exploitation of youth and their capital, what values we seek and embrace as a media hungry populace, the struggle and disdain by the outgoing generation vs. the generation that takes their place and who has the right to have a voice in today's world.

Finally... It is a catchy tune.

Thanks for all the Rebecca Black threads.  I love you all.

xoxoxox

John.

You added one to the total thread count, right?

Gabe said:

Hehehehehe yep -i'm the one bitching. :-) the subject of this whole post is the question and iggi has come closest to addressing it. why r we paying attention to Garbage?

I was pointing out that there were multiple threads addressing this Garbage and could not for the life of me understand why. it has no value but what we assign it. it's not pro-car. they r in a car. and everything that has a car in it is not against bikes.

everything else in the thread is junk and funny cept for your angry rants that i wanna eat the rich. where's my bbq sauce? :-)
While I might not 100% agree, I think you have fleshed-out some interesting and thought-provoking theories here.  But what do I know. I'm just angry ;)

jlj said:

Rebecca Black is an easy target because she is young rich and talentless.  She pisses off all the not so young, not rich, talented people because they want to be in her position eg: having your work seen by millions of people.

I think it is fascinating.  I think there is a lot of story here about exploitation of youth and their capital, what values we seek and embrace as a media hungry populace, the struggle and disdain by the outgoing generation vs. the generation that takes their place and who has the right to have a voice in today's world.

Finally... It is a catchy tune.

Thanks for all the Rebecca Black threads.  I love you all.

xoxoxox

John.

I hear the Liar Tour tomorrow night will be a Rebeca Black theme. 

I am going to scrape together the $10,000 entry fee.

Friday  Friday  Friday

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service