The Chainlink

Share your pics, videos, streets, stories of what you find in the bike lane of the non-bike variety that has an impact on your ride and/or your safety. I've decided to keep it a little more open ended - cars, snow, buses, garbage, cabs, etc. If they shouldn't be in the bike lane, go ahead and add it to this thread. Please be safe if you are taking pics or video! :-) 

My hope is that we can collectively build some evidence of what we see when riding in the city with the overall hope of better enforcement of "bikes only" and improving maintenance. 

Update: More Hashtags to Capture Vehicles in the Bike Lane

With popular hashtags:
#BikeLaneShaming

#LaneSpreading (Chicago Bike Selling)

#ClearTheWay (ActiveTrans), there are many options to capture violations.

We think you should use ALL of them AND post your photos on The Chainlink. ;-)

Views: 83384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1747 W. Roosevelt Road - 03/01/2017 @ 11:55am

It's extremely frustrating when government workers are the ones violating the law.

1850 W. Roosevelt Road - 03/02/2017 @ 8:40am (that thing under the wiper is a flyer for a dental office, not a ticket).

I think about 15 more feet of yellow paint will take care of all those people parking in that spot on Roosevelt.

True re: kerb paint. Another problem is that the sign-post you see in the distance has a bus-stop no parking sign with an arrow pointing west (toward the bus-stop) so I can see how cagers' get confused here (sort of). The alderman's office gets faxed copies of these photos as does the Chicago Lighthouse, and CPD. Mike Amsden of CDOT is aware of the issue and is working on it.

Why do you think that? If they're parking illegally in a bike lane, they'll just as assuredly park along a yellow curb. Obviously there's no parking enforcement in this stretch of roadway, so the fear of getting a ticket doesn't seem to detour them.

They are starting to enforce it to some extent - the van in this picture (https://tinyurl.com/ChicagoLighthouse) got a ticket the other day. The car parked in front of it didn't because it was gone when the police came by nor did the red car which was still there. I happened to walking by shortly after the police left - saw the officer get in her SUV when I was about a block away.

1850 W. Roosevelt Road - 03/03/2017 @ 7:10am

1850 W. Roosevelt Road - Repeat obstructor - 03/08/2017 @ 7:15am

1747 W. Roosevelt Road - 03/03/2017 @ 8:10am

Well done PACE! Why not use the drop-off/parking area on Washburn for this building?

There is a weekend ticketing crackdown now occurring in certain areas of the city which enforces the $150 fine for parking and standing in the bike lanes. It's a start, I guess?

http://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/weekend-parking-crackdown-yiel...

Yeah, I guess it's a start, but I'd prefer to see them during the weekday rush hours when many of us are commuting to/from work, rather than a weekend when few people will be biking.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service