The Chainlink

Share your pics, videos, streets, stories of what you find in the bike lane of the non-bike variety that has an impact on your ride and/or your safety. I've decided to keep it a little more open ended - cars, snow, buses, garbage, cabs, etc. If they shouldn't be in the bike lane, go ahead and add it to this thread. Please be safe if you are taking pics or video! :-) 

My hope is that we can collectively build some evidence of what we see when riding in the city with the overall hope of better enforcement of "bikes only" and improving maintenance. 

Update: More Hashtags to Capture Vehicles in the Bike Lane

With popular hashtags:
#BikeLaneShaming

#LaneSpreading (Chicago Bike Selling)

#ClearTheWay (ActiveTrans), there are many options to capture violations.

We think you should use ALL of them AND post your photos on The Chainlink. ;-)

Views: 83384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I successfully reported a bike lane violation this morning via the iOS app, with a picture. (Southeast corner of Illinois and Rush -- ALL THE TIME vehicles are parked there, usually a rideshare waiting for a customer.)

It actually accepted the address portion of the request? I got hung up on that the other day, also using the iOS app.

125 S Franklin St. 311 system still not working.

201 N Franklin St. 311 system not responding. WTF. Now we have food trucks illegally setting up shop in the bike lanes?

225 N Franklin St. 311 system not working.

Argonne69, I reported the Mercedes and the food truck for you... I had no issues using the protocol I outlined earlier ^^.

Thanks, Steve. I assume the Mac is the difference. How on Earth can the site not work with Windows 7?

It works with Windows 10.

However, I can confirm that it does not work with Windows 7... I couldn't even find a place to log in.

On Windows 7 I can log in with Chrome and Firefox by clicking on the big blue 'LOGIN' button in the upper right. Using Internet Explorer, clicking on the button has no effect.

I was just able to log in with Chrome on Windows 7, so maybe there's some progress!

353 N Desplaines St. 311 report successfully submitted. I tried it without logging in. The next one will be after a login. Fingers crossed.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service