The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105310

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Us: Wife and I, minding our own business, riding into Oak Park after a wonderful day in the City with our Out-of-Town nephew. 

You: Sexy, older guy in tight, bright lycra and other costly bike gear who stopped us at a red light and insisted, unasked, on lecturing us about proper helmet placement and nervous system physiognomy, then rode heroically off into the sunset without ever letting us know your name ...

You might enjoy this:  http://bikeyface.com/2014/05/16/unwanted-advice/

globalguy said:

Us: Wife and I, minding our own business, riding into Oak Park after a wonderful day in the City with our Out-of-Town nephew. 

You: Sexy, older guy in tight, bright lycra and other costly bike gear who stopped us at a red light and insisted, unasked, on lecturing us about proper helmet placement and nervous system physiognomy, then rode heroically off into the sunset without ever letting us know your name ...

I passed the cop scene too, and couldn't figure out what was going on....

Michelle Milham said:

The one with the cop was, yes. The cyclist seemed to be locking up his bike and looking down at his ankles while assuring the cop he was ok. I didn't stop or anything since I didnt' see anything happen. 

The first one with the ambulance was... I'm blanking on the street name, but it was between Division and Damen, there's a T intersection. It was near there. 

Guess he spends too much time online ordering crap to read stuff like this, "Brain Surgeon: There's no point wearing bicycle helmets" ...

Jeff Schneider said:

Spending money on stuff always makes you an expert, just like buying an SUV makes you competent to drive in a blizzard.  That's the rule.

+1

Lisa Curcio 4.1 mi said:

+2

globalguy said:

+1

Lisa Curcio 4.1 mi said:

To the "too cool for school" wrangler on Clybourn - of course I'm not a car. That's precisely why I'm in these bike lanes to begin with. Your intent to pass cyclists with less than an arms length of space is only threatening but absolutely dangerous. (Those lanes are buffered for fucks sake!) Maybe next time, before you yell "the world doesn't revolve around you" several times, you'll take note of the cyclist who's riding correctly and legally - stopping at the same red lights as you and merging into the left turn lane behind you. Only one of us is the problem here...

nice post julia !

Julia 3.5/7.5 mi said:

To the "too cool for school" wrangler on Clybourn - of course I'm not a car. That's precisely why I'm in these bike lanes to begin with. Your intent to pass cyclists with less than an arms length of space is only threatening but absolutely dangerous. (Those lanes are buffered for fucks sake!) Maybe next time, before you yell "the world doesn't revolve around you" several times, you'll take note of the cyclist who's riding correctly and legally - stopping at the same red lights as you and merging into the left turn lane behind you. Only one of us is the problem here...

Had I not been trying to maintain a friendly but firm disposition, my first thought was to yell back "ASTUTE OBSERVATION, BRO!" ;)

dan brown said:

nice post julia !

Julia 3.5/7.5 mi said:

Of course - clearly, the world revolves around him.

Julia 3.5/7.5 mi said:

To the driver of the mystery vehicle (I could tell you were there, but I didn't turn around to see what you were driving) on Cortland yesterday, who thought "BIKES AND BUSSES ONLY" meant "BIKES AND BUSSES AND CARS DRIVEN BY PEOPLE WHO ARE IN A HURRY LIKE ME I'M IMPORTANT DAMMIT": sorry* to be soooooooo slooooooow - I suddenly came over with severe leg cramps and could barely pedal. Somehow I made it. So sorry* you couldn't quite pass me on the right there!

*not really

This is a missed connection where was the culpable party.

Heading SB on the northside LFP, I was coming up on one of the dangerous street crossings up there (I don't know which one) and was attempting to pass a slower SB cyclist while going around a curve. Partly because I didn't check far enough ahead, partly because I was checking over my shoulder for traffic behind me, I ended up heading down the wrong side of the LFP, into the path of a NB cyclist, and suddenly in a very dangerous situation, because I was also nearly alongside the SB cyclist. I ended up veering off the trail to avoid the NB cyclist, so it seems no harm was done - though I may have freaked both of them out.

I managed to apologize to both of them, on the trail, shortly after the incident, which I feel terribly about. Thinking back, I know what I was doing wrong - I was biking too fast for conditions (which were more crowded than I'd become accustomed to at that time, at that part of the trail - busy morning on the LFP), I was partly unaware of how fast I was going (I was digging the tailwind), and I didn't look far enough ahead or make sure that I was clear, far enough ahead. I should have slowed down and waited for a safer spot to pass. 

I don't know if either of those two are CL'ers, but if you are - again, I apologize. I put you in danger in a way that I thought I was too conscientious to do.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service