The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why A) you must continue through an intersection once you enter it; and B) why it is illegal to back up at an intersection. 

Eli said:

Tonight, crossing Broadway in a crosswalk with a walk signal (on foot), I had a driver--who'd just run the red light a little too late to beat the cross traffic and had thus found herself stuck mid-intersection--BACK UP into me. If I hadn't screamed at her I'd have been knocked down. This weather does not bring out the best in drivers.

Happily my (short) bike trips today were less eventful.

You: Red jacket, grey beard riding south on Clark around 1:30pm today.

I just wanted to say that the way you were riding was pretty darn impressive, man. No hands?! Wow. I especially liked how you weren't afraid to ride that way in the "door zone"...that would have made for some fun footage on your helmet cam. And the way you made your bike wobble from side to side as you were dancing between Wilson and Montrose really kept me on my toes, I had no idea where you were going next. Exciting!
I'm curious to know what music you were listening to while you were riding along, I can't remember the last time a song made me want to "raise the roof".
Attachments:

Happy New Year!  New goals!!

To the lovely lady i spoke with on my ride up damen this evening. I hope you made it home safely and that u pick upa bike with fatter tires! :) Fear of death is healthy and the ice was a serious challenge!

The middle of the streets aren't so slippery. Take the lane!

Traffic was so backed up on Damen from Archer to Division that I just rode between stopped cars or in the lane, as no one was going anywhere fast. No issues with slipping. A rider on Division told me he had been swiped by a car merging to turn right. As always, other humans are the biggest source of accidents. 

you riding south on Damen by the brown line stop.

me crossing the street with 15 people who just hopped off the bus.

why did you almost hit me? there was no reason for you to ride straight at me, was there?

Wow. How unbelievably brave stupid of you to ride the wrong way up Sherman Ave in Evanston. Not only were you headed into traffic but you were right in the middle of two southbound lanes forcing both lanes of traffic to divert around you. Thank goodness the cowardly SMART cyclists moving with traffic were attentive enough to avoid the cars who saw only you.

I've seen this guy before. He is so into his own world, makes me wonder whether he is on something

Charlie said:

You: Red jacket, grey beard riding south on Clark around 1:30pm today.

I just wanted to say that the way you were riding was pretty darn impressive, man. No hands?! Wow. I especially liked how you weren't afraid to ride that way in the "door zone"...that would have made for some fun footage on your helmet cam. And the way you made your bike wobble from side to side as you were dancing between Wilson and Montrose really kept me on my toes, I had no idea where you were going next. Exciting!
I'm curious to know what music you were listening to while you were riding along, I can't remember the last time a song made me want to "raise the roof".

Me: Flat tire just southeast of Ashland/Armitage northbound on Elston last night (1/15/14).

You: Rad person who gave me a tube so I could continue my journey home. I cannot thank you enough. I'm packing more tubes (ones that actually fit my new ride), I'll pass one on to you next time I see you.

Nice to hear about a good karma moment.

Chris LaFrombois (8.5 mi - o.w.) said:

Me: Flat tire just southeast of Ashland/Armitage northbound on Elston last night (1/15/14).

You: Rad person who gave me a tube so I could continue my journey home. I cannot thank you enough. I'm packing more tubes (ones that actually fit my new ride), I'll pass one on to you next time I see you.

I don’t really post on here, but I’m a daily visitor. I want to know who the male biker is going north on Halsted near Fulton that decided to nearly run over my wife and laugh when she slipped on ice in the cross walk while a truck was waiting for her to cross.

And then decided to follow her down Fulton and spit on her. You weren’t even tough enough to get off your bike and give my wife a fair chance to defend herself.

I'm very sorry that happened.

DLS said:

I don’t really post on here, but I’m a daily visitor. I want to know who the male biker is going north on Halsted near Fulton that decided to nearly run over my wife and laugh when she slipped on ice in the cross walk while a truck was waiting for her to cross.

And then decided to follow her down Fulton and spit on her. You weren’t even tough enough to get off your bike and give my wife a fair chance to defend herself.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service