The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wonder if that is the same guy who was spitting at people last summer? Dude has issues...

i think i've seen this guy on Sheridan a few times.

Paul Gnarlo said:

To the bro in the black mercier kilo tt who decided to run into me northbound on clark just south of elm ~515pm:

Although you passed me dangerously earlier way back on the DBL, I had just hammered through the light on maple and was coasting wayyy faster then you. I understand you were mad that anyone passed you, but speeding up to brush into my back as I was passing you? That's incredibly rude and super dangerous!

You said you hate newbies like me who only bike in the nice summer weather and that you could tell I am a newbie by "the way I ride." Oddly enough, when I made fun of your bikesdirect.com bike, your o'neil board shorts and your sweet fedora hat you decided to blow the red lights ahead and speed away.

So, Fedora the Exporer, wherever you are, I hope this message finds you well and the next time you fuck with someone else for no reason something incredibly awful happens to you.

As a group, class, culture... whatever... we're screwed if we can't encourage mutual respect among ourselves. But there are a lot of bikers who seem to see themselves as "rugged individualists" and this does not occur to them.

Steve

You were a LEO in an unmarked car at the light on the east side of First Avenue, at the trailhead of the Prairie Path. Thank you for flicking your siren on, so that two bicyclists crossing the street at the light, in a perfectly legal manner, knew that there was a police car behind them.

You in your BMW SUV, exiting of 94 at Randolph.  God forbid you turn your pretty head to the LEFT as you blow the stop sign and go screeching around the corner to your right, and abruptly hit the curb, and sit in your car doing whatever with your Ipad.  Had you gotten out of your car, you dumb fucking bitch, I would have told you that its a good thing that ONE OF US was paying attention, because If I had not been, you would have run me over.  Then My wife would have OWNED your BMW, and every other fucking thing you will ever own.

To the fella on the fancy mountain bike riding down North Ave on the center stripe with no cars near by, pick a lane bro.

@Scarlett, If she can run as fast as you can bike and her baby is wearing a helmet, then sure, why not! I see runners in the lane a lot, usually going the wrong way. What they are doing is so dangerous, I don't even know how to start the conversation with them.

To the man who yelled "GET OFF THE ROAD" to me on Western this morning, I would like to say, "Sure thing, but you first." 

You: salmoning westbound in the eastbound Kinzie PBL across the bridge.

!!!!

to the young lady with headphones that must have levitated as it was hard to discern a head upon which they could rest...

...I was sitting behind a rider at a red light on Wells between North and Armitage.  The light turned green and the rider in front of me began to ride into the intersection. You came from the right and your light had just turned red.  Undeterred you continued into the intersection and were narrowly missed by the rider in front of me.  You turned to give her a piece of your mind.  At that point I could not hold back even though I was attempting to put myself in a pure frame of mind while I rode home to shower and get ready for services for Rosh Hashonah. I called to you, "Hey babe, why are you upset? You are not looking.  And, you are not listening."  You rode away as did I and the rider you nearly hit.  Please keep an eye out for other riders and I will work to control my tongue.  May it be a sweet (and safe) year for us all.

To the guy salmoning on Dearborn on the east side of the street (outside the bike lane) a little while ago - do you seriously want to become a hood ornament?

Almost too hot to ride today.  Rode anyway, of course!

:)

To the bous with more tattoos than brains N Bound on Damen around 530pm. U r passing to close to riders. Passing between a car and another cyclist is dangerous and dumb. If ur gonna make it a you or me situation i'm gonna pick me. That's a warning.

I am not one to post here but today took the case...... To the mtg riding dude with headphones who kept running dead red's, riding on the sidewalk to get around traffic..... The last straw was when you passed me for the third time jumping off the sidewalk with your messenger bag hitting me as you passed......

Sorry if me calling you a douche upset you so much that you decided you needed to fight...... blocking my path with  your bike several times and trying to push me off my bike was ALMOST enough to get me grant you your wish for a serious ass kicking. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service