The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is the one I use: HORN. I took some pains to mount it close to my left handlebar grip so my thumb can reach it quickly. It's kept pumped up to 80 PSI. It's louder than shit. I don't use it often, but it works pretty well when it's needed.

SteveI've since relocated the air reservoir to below the top tube, attached with a "TwoFish" velcro bottle holder.

Michael Perez said:

I must try the air horn design, very good concept at work. I'll install it this weekend on my fixie because I'm tired of being cut off lol. That will show them haha.

To the police office writing up a ticket for the taxi parked in the Kinzie bike lane at Orleans this morning - thanks!!! Good to see some enforcement.

Was the traffic lights blinking red at this time?

Jeff Schneider said:

To the guy who failed to yield to me when it was my turn to pass through the 4-way stop at Wolcott and Montrose...Although you drove into the intersection without looking around well enough, you were not reckless or speeding.  Neither was I.  So when I yelled, "Look up!, you saw me, and said you were sorry.  No problem, I make mistakes, too.  That's why we have to be careful out there.

To the dude on the purple and black fixie without a helmet on Kinzie last night. Thanks for cutting me off (when I was going faster than you...as I just passed you with the courtesy of an "On your left" well in advance) and forcing me behind a slower rider just east of the bridge, then telling me if I hit you (as I ended up going much slower), you'd punch me in the face.

You can't punch people if you're lying on the ground from a crash. Falling hurts.

Also, I'm sincerely sorry to anyone if I've ever cut you off or got a little too close to you (I ride Elston from Pulaski to the Loop everyday - white bianchi, blue helmet). I don't mean to, and I do try to say "O.Y.L." enough in advance that you have time to actually move over. I am a fast commuter and have to remind myself from time to time that not everybody does this everyday and some people are only out for the "nice" months of the year.

Yeah!!!!

Cheryl said:

To the police office writing up a ticket for the taxi parked in the Kinzie bike lane at Orleans this morning - thanks!!! Good to see some enforcement.

Yesterday: to the pedestrian crossing mid-block on Dearborn, emerging from between giant parked SUVs into the protected bike lane, you should be glad that I was watching and saw you approaching before you ducked between the cars.  If I had hit you, one or both of us could have ended up in the ER.  My teachable moment to him: "This is a traffic lane. Please be careful and look first."

To the old lady riding a road bike on the sidewalk on Madison by Target, with your helmet hanging from the handlebars - please don't hit any pedestrians.  And you're old enough to know better.  Please be a better cyclist and stay safe.

Yes! Now if there could also be some appropriate enforcement of the rules applying to cyclists, we'd start making some progress.

Steve

Anne Alt said:

Yeah!!!!

Cheryl said:

Well said. He might actually benefit from your calm handling of the event.

Steve

Anne Alt said:

Yesterday: to the pedestrian crossing mid-block on Dearborn, emerging from between giant parked SUVs into the protected bike lane, you should be glad that I was watching and saw you approaching before you ducked between the cars.  If I had hit you, one or both of us could have ended up in the ER.  My teachable moment to him: "This is a traffic lane. Please be careful and look first."

What I just said ^^ about enforcement applied to cyclists.

Steve

Anne Alt said:

To the old lady riding a road bike on the sidewalk on Madison by Target, with your helmet hanging from the handlebars - please don't hit any pedestrians.  And you're old enough to know better.  Please be a better cyclist and stay safe.

As an occasional Divvy user (when I don't have my own bike downtown), I try to keep up with the flow of traffic, but I gotta tell you - the Divvy bikes are geared sooooooo low that even in high gear I've found myself pedaling like a mad woman to keep up.

Michael Perez said:

I apologize to the people going eastbound on kinzie and wells (merchandise mart station) around 5:50 pm today. If I cut you off, i sincerely apologize for it and you should know why I had to cut you off. The guy on the dodge charger making an unexpected right turn caused me to stop skid but I couldnt stop completely and I was clipped in to my pedals kind of tight so I had to cut you off so that I wouldn't crash into the jerks car. I noticed some of you jumped off your bikes and well again, I'm sorry. By the way for you divvy riders, please keep up with the flow of traffic. You guys make me nervous.

He already did.  That would have been a collision if I didn't speak up.  It would have been difficult to avoid hitting him if he'd stepped out instead of stopping at the edge of the lane when I called out.

Steve Weeks said:

Well said. He might actually benefit from your calm handling of the event.

Steve

Anne Alt said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service