The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Julia, an officer in uniform?  And he was not wearing his star?  Please try to follow up on the report and the complaint.

julia, i'm guessing he didn't give you a reason to detain you either.  this sounds extra shady. like he tried to deflect his fault for your near collision onto you.  

Just wow.

To the older lady blindly backing out of the alley and into the bike lane.  To this minute, you had no idea how close you were to hitting that cyclist in the lane.  To the cyclist: dude, you are one composed easy going guy.  You saw what was happening and you had the presence of mind to look behind you and then swing out into the left lane to avoid Mrs. Clueless.  And when you passed her, you didn't even give her the finger, yell are her, or give her a harsh look.

Lisa, he was in casual dress but told me he was an officer. Apparently he actually was (I had serious doubts initially) but wouldn't give me his badge # or call another officer to the scene when I asked. After about 2 minutes I called 911 and a completely separate officer (and supervisor) responded. I'll follow up on as much as I can - my brother is an officer and I'd like to make sure this guy doesn't harass other cyclists or just skate on dangerous and improper behavior.

Hey, you in the Porsche parked solidly in the westbound Kinzie bike lane at Clinton around 6 pm tonight: ignoring the 3-4 cyclists who politely told you that you are parked in a bike lane does not make you cool or right. It makes you a douchebag in an illegally parked Porsche. Hopefully Chicago's finest arrived in time to set you straight on that point. 

I look, assess and roll through all intersections whenever possible, but I don't live in the big city either. ;-)

To the Blue Diamond Taxi driver (cab 6442) that I witnessed almost kill a man on Sunday at 12:30 PM WTH?!? 

I was SB on the LFT riding at a okay pace with a Lycra clad fella who was on point as we approached the crossing where Montrose and the LFT intersect we slowed a bit, thank goodness, before crossing. I watched from a safer distance as I could see it unfolding. You got tired of waiting for pedestrians and bikes crossing there and when a few well meaning pedestrians who did not understand the rules of the road waved you across not realizing they have the right of way. You hit the gas, my buddy hit his brakes, a number of onlookers gasped, it was a near a miss as I have seen in years. Super lucky on all accounts. 

I followed you to get your cab number and perhaps say hello. When you rolled down your window a simple "sorry they waved me across" would have done much to calm my simmering anger after I asked if you realized you almost killed a man. No you had to be combative and showed that you do not fully comprehend the rules of the road which is terrifying. You of all people should know that there is no stop or yield for the LFT as it is your job to know the city. Arguing that some people waved you through is the worst excuse you could have ever given along with the fact you told me that traffic, where there is no signal/sign, should have stopped for you. Don't yell at me when you are called out, accept your failure, learn, and move on.

I called 311 and the cab company, I hope you get reprimanded. 

thanks for following up. those hacks should all we well trained and something broke down in the process (well do-h) in this case. very scary and sad. I was at Montrose Saturday and the tempers were really
high and folks were edgy as all those music fest goers were scrambling to find parking (where was none) and they are basically trapped there. parking in the (normally "boat owners only") was going for $100.
unreal. glad you are both OK. keep us posted on the results.

*** UPDATE... Suppose I was descriptive in my message on Sunday but the person who called today seemed very uninterested in my complaint.  The deflection by the Cab Company was kind of annoying. Started with them saying the Driver would be pulled then they were all about saying that the cabbie was not their employee, that the cab is leased and that these complaints get filed away so when he tries to renew the lease then he may be affected. To top it off they told me that if they decide to not renew his lease he can just go down the street and sign up with another company.  

If anyone has a buddy that rides in white and red lycra on a red and white bike that was talking about almost getting hit Sunday July 7 at 12:30 SB on the LFT at Montrose I recommend you let them know about the Cab number and have them register a complaint too. 

To the guy who was texting while riding a Divvy bike in the Dearborn bike lane during rush hour - do you have a functioning brain? Do you have any common sense? [rhetorical question]  *headdesk*

To the tool s/b on Wells in the brown Xterra - stellar job accelerating to pass me so that you could make the turn on North rightinfrontofme, on a very green light. It must be hard to be aware of your surroundings when your head is up your ass.

On a happier note, thanks to the 3C cab driver on Dearborn that gave me space, didn't pass me for the sake of getting around me, and let me take the lane to get around delivery trucks and again at Maple to make the turn. Good Karma.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service