The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

 

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

 

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

 

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

 

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

 

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 104910

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Boy I would have felt bad.   I nearly hit a bicycle with my car last night.   I needed the car due to the fact that I had to make a fast trip to Michigan City and back.   I was on Lawrence heading eastbound and was about to pull into a driveway.  I carefully slowed and confirmed that no one was in the Bike Lane behind me.  I checked and saw no pedestrians in either direction.  I rechecked the bike lane and started to turn.  I slammed on the brakes and barely avoided a very fast young bicyclist (early 20's) with headphones charging down the sidewalk to the West (in other words the wrong way) with headphones on oblivious to all traffic.  Wrong way, on the sidewalk, very fast with headphones...  on Lawrence....



David Barish said:

I know the  sun was not in your eyes cab 2929. You were headed east bound on Hubbard around 6:40 pm last night. Those going westbound may have had a legitimate reason to fail to notice that they had a red light. They may have had sun in their eyes. Still, they waited at the light. You, cab 2929, you sauntered right through the intersection of  Hubbard and Dearborn where the pedestrians, drivers and cyclists going northbound on Dearborn looked in amazement.  I hope the fellow in your backseat was not too scared when he saw this or when he heard me curse you. I hope you survived your misadventures on your job to live to read this.  You clearly have good fortune.  Despite your inattention or mal-intention at a very busy time of day, the rest of us were on our game and you did not come close to killing anybody...this time.

You a kid blowing by me on my left as I had to slow because of the car running the red or half parked half into the lane on Armitage at Western, a simple "on your left" would have been nice. Luckily I didn't swerve quickly. I know you regretted what you did and knew what you what you did was wrong. . . because you kept nervously looking over your shoulder at me. And then when I caught up with you, you looked terrified. In the future, a simple "on your left" will suffice. 

Yesterday I encountered a rider (you know who you are) riding the *wrong way* on the Jackson bike lane between Loomis and Halsted. I said "Wrong way, my friend." I couldn't hear your reply, but it didn't sound conciliatory.

This "I am exempt from traffic laws" attitude only works as long as the police look the other way and cyclist numbers are relatively low. If either of these factors changes, so will your riding style. Cheers!

Steve

What a fucking ride home! From 5:10 pm to 6 pm.

To the fat, black, bitch that all most hit me twice on Division/Clybourn just to park by the projects: You've had your 2 strikes. 1 more and you will lose parts off your car!

To the aggressive biking, butchy ,white, chick that doesn't know to not follow close. You hit my rear tire. I stopped and asked if you were all right because I found it amusing. The words you are looking for are "I'm sorry." I let you pass me at the light cause you AREN'T FAST! I was more than amused when when the frat-guy lookin, asshole shoaled you. You looked SO MAD. You kinda suck at life honey.

To the black, chick in the white SUV at Damen and Sunnyside that got mad at me cause I stopped at the stop sign when YOU had the right of way. Learn to drive.

We need less humans on this planet.

I've said it so often I should be gettinpaid but Few Distillery makes a Rye that is outstanding! Scarlett, if i see ya on a ride i'll share whatever I have.



Hello Scarlett said:
i like all this catharsis. saddle up to the bar gabe, and lemme pour you some whiskey so we can bitch about all the morons we encountered today.
Soccer mom in the silver minivan driving past a school while looking down at your cell phone. If your phone requires that much attention, pull to the curb and stop before you murder some kid. At least consider stopping at the stop sign and not rolling through it full speed into me when I have the right away. Or, if you're going to roll it, just keep going so I can swerve behind you, instead of stopping directly in front of me leaving me stuck in the intersection. Then, when you suddenly turn right with no signal, don't drive next to me while slowly inching closer until I'm wedged between you and parked cars, forcing me to scream, "What the f@#$ are you doing?"

Y'know what? Just put down the phone and none of this would have happened, you self-centered jerk.

I propose a gesture - hand to your head in the old school telephone position, then very exaggeratedly hang up your pretend phone. And smile! A very big fake smile, or a real one!

Maurice said:

Soccer mom in the silver minivan driving past a school while looking down at your cell phone. If your phone requires that much attention, pull to the curb and stop before you murder some kid. At least consider stopping at the stop sign and not rolling through it full speed into me when I have the right away. Or, if you're going to roll it, just keep going so I can swerve behind you, instead of stopping directly in front of me leaving me stuck in the intersection. Then, when you suddenly turn right with no signal, don't drive next to me while slowly inching closer until I'm wedged between you and parked cars, forcing me to scream, "What the f@#$ are you doing?"

Y'know what? Just put down the phone and none of this would have happened, you self-centered jerk.

To: Fast people on road bikes during regular morning commute times on the LFP.....including the gentleman with the headphones who nearly took out me and a runner by NAB this morning.

I know you are fast. Very, very fast. Your amazing bikes, super cool helmets, and matching spandex suits are testimony to the fact that you are indeed very, very fast.
I respect your speed. I respect the fact that most of you look great in spandex. I also respect your need to train, and the fact that you are a superior biker. I would just request that you:
a) keep your eyes on the traffic in front of you as people are commuting to work at that time and dodging runners/pedestrians, and
b) give some effing indication that you are going to be passing me at warp speed, usually right at the moment when I am moving over to pass a runner/pedestrian/pile o sand. I do look before I move, but you are so terribly fast that sometimes I do not see or hear your fast-ness approaching.

If you could add a few precious ounces on your bike to accommodate a bell and/or give an “onyerleft”, the slower commuter contingent would be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance.

To: The runner that I passed close enough to push off the path and scare the hell out of. I’m really very sorry. I hope that slowing down and apologizing profusely was sufficient damage control against promoting hatred of bikes.

Hah, one of my favourite moves. It tends to annoy them quite a bit. 

Tony Adams 7 mi said:

I propose a gesture - hand to your head in the old school telephone position, then very exaggeratedly hang up your pretend phone. And smile! A very big fake smile, or a real one!


Love it!

Tim S said:

Hah, one of my favourite moves. It tends to annoy them quite a bit. 

Tony Adams 7 mi said:

I propose a gesture - hand to your head in the old school telephone position, then very exaggeratedly hang up your pretend phone. And smile! A very big fake smile, or a real one!


Amen, Jen!

Chicago Jen said:

To: Fast people on road bikes during regular morning commute times on the LFP.....including the gentleman with the headphones who nearly took out me and a runner by NAB this morning.

I know you are fast. Very, very fast. Your amazing bikes, super cool helmets, and matching spandex suits are testimony to the fact that you are indeed very, very fast.
I respect your speed. I respect the fact that most of you look great in spandex. I also respect your need to train, and the fact that you are a superior biker. I would just request that you:
a) keep your eyes on the traffic in front of you as people are commuting to work at that time and dodging runners/pedestrians, and
b) give some effing indication that you are going to be passing me at warp speed, usually right at the moment when I am moving over to pass a runner/pedestrian/pile o sand. I do look before I move, but you are so terribly fast that sometimes I do not see or hear your fast-ness approaching.

If you could add a few precious ounces on your bike to accommodate a bell and/or give an “onyerleft”, the slower commuter contingent would be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance.

To: The runner that I passed close enough to push off the path and scare the hell out of. I’m really very sorry. I hope that slowing down and apologizing profusely was sufficient damage control against promoting hatred of bikes.

See this.

Maurice said:

Soccer mom in the silver minivan driving past a school while looking down at your cell phone. If your phone requires that much attention, pull to the curb and stop before you murder some kid. At least consider stopping at the stop sign and not rolling through it full speed into me when I have the right of way. Or, if you're going to roll it, just keep going so I can swerve behind you, instead of stopping directly in front of me leaving me stuck in the intersection. Then, when you suddenly turn right with no signal, don't drive next to me while slowly inching closer until I'm wedged between you and parked cars, forcing me to scream, "What the f@#$ are you doing?"

Y'know what? Just put down the phone and none of this would have happened, you self-centered jerk.

RSS

Groups

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service