I've wanted to start this thread so many times this year. . . there have been so many beautiful, glorious days this year and each time I think "this is probably the last really beautiful day" and then another comes along.  Take yesterday morning-- what a wonderful combination of warm moist air and all the smells of autumn.

Bouncing this thread to the top heretoforth will be considered a declaration that said bouncer considers the day upon which the bouncing occurs to be the most beautiful day of the year.

Views: 5414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, so far this morning was absolutely the most beautiful one of the year.

Last night riding home from the Old Town school with zero wind was absolutely lovely.

Did a metric century in DeKalb in near perfect weather.  Not to hot, mild wind (sometimes even cool) and sun (not overpowering. Can't get much better.

Sunday was a great day to ride - Glenview to Evanston and back around. Hot! Lake was the most direct route but I didn't care for all the traffic. Anyone have a favorite alternative?

+1

h' 1.0 said:

Today is definitely not the most beautiful day of the year. Whoever sent the heat and humidity can take it back.

What a nice ride in this morning.

Light traffic, brisk wind that seemed to come from every direction, the coolest temps in weeks and tons of cyclists out there.

I think today qualifies!  What a magnificent ride along the lakefront.  And then I caught every green light from Michigan to Dearborn on Madison!  And I turned on WFMT and one of my favorite pieces was playing.  Could not ask for a better start.

Hear, hear!  Absolutely perfect day.

Lovely day for a ride.

Nope, the Strauss Morgenblätter.  Although I have been enjoying everything since I came in including the Beethoven. :-)

h' 1.0 said:

Um.... the Beethoven?

7:26 am

Rodgers: "Oklahoma" "Oh, What A Beautiful Morning"

English Northern Philharmonia / Paul Daniel

Bryn Terfel

DG 449163-2

7:34 am

Ravel: "Le Tombeau de Couperin" "Rigaudon"

St Paul Chamber Orch / Hugh Wolff

Teldec 74006-2

7:37 am

Campra: "Rigaudon"

Michael Murray,Empire Brass

Telarc CD-80218

7:45 am

Walton: "Richard III" film music Excerpts

St Martin's Academy / Sir Neville Marriner

Sir John Gielgud

Chandos CHAN-8841

8:00 am

Newscast

8:05 am

J Strauss: Waltzes, "Morgenblätter," Op 279

Chicago Sym / Fritz Reiner

Chicago Sym Orch

RCA 68160-2

8:14 am

Kreisler: "Miniature Viennese March"

Midori,Robert McDonald

Sony SK-52568

8:21 am

Vivaldi: Violin and Oboe Concerto in B-Flat, R 548

English Concert / Trevor Pinnock

Trevor Pinnock,Simon Standage,David Reichenberg,James Tyler

Archive 415674-2

8:34 am

Beethoven: Symphony #9 in d, Op 125, "Choral" 2nd mvt

Berlin Phil / Claudio Abbado

DG 469000-2 (5)

Lisa Curcio 6.5 mi said:

I think today qualifies!  What a magnificent ride along the lakefront.  And then I caught every green light from Michigan to Dearborn on Madison!  And I turned on WFMT and one of my favorite pieces was playing.  Could not ask for a better start.

Sounds perfect to me.  :)

Lisa Curcio 6.5 mi said:

I think the thread title needs to be amended to "The most beautiful 3 weeks of the year"

Boy, these last 3 weeks have been beautiful all around. Most days on my way home I find myself looking for excuses to ride the long way home. Sometimes that is riding the lakefront, sometimes that is meandering the side-streets on my way home.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service