The Chainlink

Goosberry pie here:
I just barely had enough for two pies. I thought I wouldn't due to the hail knocking what looked like 1/2 the berries to the ground before ripe, so I scouted out a recipe for gooseberry sour cream pie and made a second trip to the store last night for the missing ingredients, plus some frozen blackberries to bridge the g-b shortage . . . but I woke up too late to mess with anything fancy right now.  Unless the sour cream ends up being a midnight snack, there will be blackberry-sour-cream pie at some near future event.

What's cooking at your house? (or what did you cook . . .)

Views: 317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The dinner I make a dish for is Saturday and I'm making pralined bacon.

Nothing today.  I didn't even go to a family gathering because I was feeling under the weather*

Cooked this the other day though

*hungover-y

What sauce is that with the Penne and peas?

I made a batch of these...

It's parmesan, romano and asiago with a couple egg yolks, olive oil, red pepper flakes.  

Those little bars look tasty.  What are they?

herbs de provence mustard and sage encrusted cornish hens stuffed with garlic.

I made this pie yesterday. 

That pasta sounds great!

They are called Maple Bourbon candy bars.  The recipe was in the Sun Times about a month ago.

Brendan said:

It's parmesan, romano and asiago with a couple egg yolks, olive oil, red pepper flakes.  

Those little bars look tasty.  What are they?

No cooking here - just brought wine to a family gathering.  I think I might make some risotto tonight and use the leftover turkey we brought home.

Yum.

Everything everyone has posted looks amazing.  

A.K.A Paul said:

They are called Maple Bourbon candy bars.  The recipe was in the Sun Times about a month ago.

Milly made some sweet potatoes yesterday and she was upset today because she thought I didn't eat any of them. In fact, I had two helpings... she didn't believe me.

So now she is shopping and I wanted a snack...so I am eating the rest of the sweet potatoes. I bet she will think I threw them out. "No honey, I'm a glutton".

I just made green curry and tofu soup.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service