The Chainlink

9/20/12 Damen from Division to Jackson is "Rough Grooved Surface." Plan accordingly.

Views: 10731

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

East bound Hubbard is groovy from Damen to Halsted. Painful now but it will be nice when it finished. The parking ban is until 10-31. I would assume the work will be completed by the end of next week.

The work on Fullerton extends from Ashland to Milwaukee.

Rich S said:

The Fullerton/Elston/Damen intersection was still rough and groovy as of this morning. Not sure how far east/west that extended. Perhaps use Webster as an alternative to a bone rattling ride. 

JeffB (7+ miles) said:

I'm assuming its still that way today (Th 10/16/14)? I'm heading to Fullerton and Western this afternoon.

Kevin C said:

Fullerton is rough and grooved from at least California to Clybourn.

BootsyC said:

Fullerton at Elston and Damen is being resurfaced.

Yeah, caught that Fullerton/Damen mess tonight. Hadn't looked at Chainlink in a couple days so didn't know. Rough going.

Last night Hubbard was about 2/3 finished.  I hope they work on Saturdays!

Logan between Western and Diversey is currently getting resurfaced. Even though the surface has been milled away and is pretty rough, the section just east of Western is smoother than what was there.

Finally! I probably have brain damage from the bumpiness of Logan just east of Western

WalkThroughWater said:

Logan between Western and Diversey is currently getting resurfaced. Even though the surface has been milled away and is pretty rough, the section just east of Western is smoother than what was there.

Biked through Damen/Fullerton again last evening--I think the work at that intersection may be nearing completion if not completed already.

Tried to bike on Lawrence between Milwaukee and Elston today and was thwarted by what looked like some sort of massive construction project that shut down the road east of the highway. (Possibly it wasn't construction and they were setting up for an event but I think it was construction.)

Anyone ride Hubbard today and know if it's been smoothed over between Racine and Green?

Wow, Hubbard east of Racine is now buttery smooth, although I turned south just before Morgan (Carpenter? Not sure) because it looked like they were still doing work between Morgan and Green.

Hubbard east from Ogden finished to Morgan except for lane markings. As Alex said above, still working east of Morgan.  It will be finished today, I am sure, except lane markings.

The Lake Front trail trail alternate at Fullerton (that gets all muddy in winter) is being fenced off.  Are there plans to pave it before winter hits this year so everyone can get around a part of the trail that freezes every winter?

As of this morning, all lanes (except 1 strip in the middle) had been resurfaced.  The unfinished strip was only about an inch lower than the other E/W bound lanes.

Alex Z said:

Biked through Damen/Fullerton again last evening--I think the work at that intersection may be nearing completion if not completed already.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service