I was compelled to upright a poorly locked bicycle on a tight busy sidewalk at Clark south of Division.

It looked like a major trip hazard lying all on its side like that. With people being aware enough to walk around it.

My poor photo example, not exact bicycle, but same position.

Should I have even bothered?

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was the right thing to do even though you took a chance of some nut job jumping out of somewhere claiming that you were messing with his bike. I've heard it said that no good deed goes unpunished, but I can't live like that. Sounds like you can't either.
I've had my perfectly up right bike laying down when I came back to it...wondered if someone just knocked it over. Picking a bike up is a good thing.
Thanks, the thought of the owner freaking out was on my mind. But the thought of pedestrians hating on us cyclists because they tripped on NuFred's poorly locked bike bothered me more. Besides, I still had to lock up on the other side of it.
In the big picture, picking up the bike is usually the best thing - better not to have a fallen bike create a hazard for pedestrians or have it get damaged.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service