The Chainlink

Road rage is the result.

Views: 664

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"This person momentarily inconvenienced me, causing to me arrive at the next red light 5 second later. I think I'll murder them in return."

I don't understand the mindset that can lead to things like this video.

When I get pissed on my bike, it's because my immediate safety is threatened, not because I'm in a hurry and someone slowed me down.

I posted this a couple days ago, but this is a bit of a misleading thread title, eh? Where does it say the cyclist 'messed with' the driver to deserve that?

Adam, agree, I was referring to the automobile driver that took the time to actually turn around in order to hit the cyclist.

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

When I get pissed on my bike, it's because my immediate safety is threatened, not because I'm in a hurry and someone slowed me down.

Right, I was just trying to explain the difference between why motorists and cyclists get angry at each other.

Will G - 10mi said:

Adam, agree, I was referring to the automobile driver that took the time to actually turn around in order to hit the cyclist.

the story behind this photo sheds a lot more info. to call the driver in this case 'stupid' does not

come close to an accurate description IMO. road rage is a very troubling thing. it is both scary and sad how certain people can turn into a monster just by getting behind the wheel of a car.

I would like to pose this question - is road rage unique to the US ?

Is that a serious question? With all due respect, I mean, that's kinda like asking whether anger or rage are only seen in the US. 

dan brown 4.4 miles said:

the story behind this photo sheds a lot more info. to call the driver in this case 'stupid' does not

come close to an accurate description IMO. road rage is a very troubling thing. it is both scary and sad how certain people can turn into a monster just by getting behind the wheel of a car.

Perhaps he meant to ask if road rage was as much of a problem in the US as compared to other countries?

I would still answer no.

Zoetrope said:

Is that a serious question? With all due respect, I mean, that's kinda like asking whether anger or rage are only seen in the US. 

+1

Mayhaps

From what I've witnessed road rage is rather a ubiquitous problem for most overcrowded cities. HOWEVER, what I feel makes some places a lot more worriesome is the possibility of firearms. In London, I had a friend chased by a lunatic with a monkey wrench for being in his blind spot. (Zone 2) I can't imagine how it would have turned out if he was conceal/carry/firearms.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service