The Chainlink

Right now I'm voting rotting corpse. It's been getting worse the past week and I think tomorrow I may start to investigate. I'm slightly terrified of what might be found.

Does anyone else know what it could be. It's right by the bubbleland and dollar store and it is awful and potent and consumes the whole intersection.

Views: 260

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just rode by there yesterday, i didn't really notice, but it was kinda cold and i was in a hurry.
You may want to call the city (311) , I found a dead girl about 20 years ago and you need to follow up on it. Don't let them push you around either if the person does not seem interested. Really what else do you have to do ? most people will just ignore it cause they just don't care.
Was there on Friday and didn't smell anything. Perhaps the foul smelling thing had been recovered?
is there a sewer in that intersection? there are some that i ride through almost every day (intersections, not sewers) and they always give off a rotting-type smell, especially when it's warmer out. although, with all the rain we've had, and all the episodes of Bones i've watched...i, too, shudder to think what might be floating around down there.
Hahaha, gotta love BONES.

Morgan said:
although, with all the rain we've had, and all the episodes of Bones i've watched...i, too, shudder to think what might be floating around down there.
Thursday and Friday's rainfall made it difficult to get over there (Read: I crapped out and took the train home.) When I was there on Wednesday the smell was definitely around, but the wind kept wafting it away from my face so I couldn't determine the source. It's nice out right now and hopefully the wind isn't too bad, so I'm going to go investigate again. It's probably just sewer smell, but I don't think there are any drains right there. Not even a manhole. I did check out all of the dumpsters behind the family dollar and that is NOT the source.

Another possible culprit is the cricket store across the street. Don't ask me how.... but I just don't trust that place.
Call The Police 311
ok, so did you ever get to the bottom of this? Just curious as I was rolling down Elston by Kohls (~2100ish) and it smelled hella funk. Not exactly where you mentioned but just curious. I know they just pulled a dead body out of Monroe Harbor this morning so....you never know.
Chixie,

Maybe you smelled the sequel: The Return Of The Smell

chixieonfixie said:
ok, so did you ever get to the bottom of this? Just curious as I was rolling down Elston by Kohls (~2100ish) and it smelled hella funk. Not exactly where you mentioned but just curious. I know they just pulled a dead body out of Monroe Harbor this morning so....you never know.
Yours is a different location. I think it is a tannery. It smelled worst 15 years ago.

chixieonfixie said:
ok, so did you ever get to the bottom of this? Just curious as I was rolling down Elston by Kohls (~2100ish) and it smelled hella funk. Not exactly where you mentioned but just curious. I know they just pulled a dead body out of Monroe Harbor this morning so....you never know.
On Nov 5 around 7:30 pm (I was heading to the Chicago History Museum for an event) I rode by the river on Division and came across a HORRIBLE smell that lasted for blocks. It smelled similar to this "stink bait" stuff we would use when I went fishing as a kid, except multiplied by a million. Maybe it was the tannery that was mentioned, but this area is further south.

T.C. O'Rourke said:
Yours is a different location. I think it is a tannery. It smelled worst 15 years ago.
chixieonfixie said:
ok, so did you ever get to the bottom of this? Just curious as I was rolling down Elston by Kohls (~2100ish) and it smelled hella funk. Not exactly where you mentioned but just curious. I know they just pulled a dead body out of Monroe Harbor this morning so....you never know.
The tannery is on the east bank of the river just south of Webster, IIRC.
Once took a canoe trip from Addison down to there'bouts and the smell made the southern leg of the trip rather unpleasant.

RSS

Groups

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service