The Chainlink

I rode in to work today, and now I'm thinking I might have to bus it half the way home.  I live about 7 miles from my office which really isn't bad, but man it is hot out there.  I was just wondering if I'm the only one considering wussing out.

Views: 3907

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ha!

Kevin C 4.1 mi said:

Bump.

It is the heat technically, since there is no such thing as cold.       right?

I will take days like today over days like the day I posted this every time.

I agree. You can always put more clothes on to be comfortable in the cold.

Rachel Miller said:

I will take days like today over days like the day I posted this every time.

I was definitely interested seeing this on January 22, and was not surprised to see that it was due to someone jokingly going in and "BUMP"ing it.  Well played!

That was no joke, that was Kevin.

Noah Weiss 1.2 km said:

I was definitely interested seeing this on January 22, and was not surprised to see that it was due to someone jokingly going in and "BUMP"ing it.  Well played!

I don't care about LeBron James or anyone else, I'm riding my bike.

This heat is really getting to me.

Time to resurrect this question. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse.

Not keeping me off my bike, but I felt like I was pedaling through a bathtub this morning, and it seemed to me that even the fast guys were not riding as fast.

I rode yesterday and my clothes had barely dried out in time to head home at 5:30.  A good rule of thumb for me is if it's over 75 at seven in the morning it'll be too hot.

I'm just over 7 miles each way for my commute now, and the heat is getting to me too.

Yesterday, I tried the divvy + train.  Today, I just rode in earlier.  It's still (relatively) cool at 6:00am

I really feel for the folks who are racing Prairie State races in this heat! 

No real change here. Rode back from Forest Park Sunday night as the heat was rising, and will probably do so tonight.  In terms of being subjected to the effects of heat, riding is actually better than any other alternative except teleporting for my one-mile daily commute.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service