The Chainlink

Thank god someone is thinking about the shortage of suburban style restaurants in the city.

And the lucky neighborhood is:

http://www.chicagorealestatedaily.com/article/20130326/CRED05/13032...

Views: 2905

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The suburbs? Ugh, go back to your parking lots and strip malls.

globalguy said:

And do they enjoy hearing pretentious city dwellers snicker about where suburban women live or work?

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Yes!  There are many women in the suburbs who want to ride bikes and came all the way to UIC to talk about it.

Jennifer on the lake said:

The Chainlink welcomes our suburban sisters who attended Women Bike Chicago!

The ironic part is that the "first" Olive Garden that I became aware of in Chicago is within sight of Chicago.  Its at the corner of Touhy and McCormick in Lincolnwood Town Center.  That's just across the Sanitary Canal from Chicago.   To paraphrase the Witch of Wasilia, you can see Chicago from there...

Well, I guess we are all pretentious in some ways.  As in my suburban friends who cannot imagine why I would live in the "urban jungle" and who continually extol the virtues of the bucolic lifestyle.  If they were on the Chainlink, they would be calling me out right now!

globalguy said:

And do they enjoy hearing pretentious city dwellers snicker about where suburban women live or work?

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Yes!  There are many women in the suburbs who want to ride bikes and came all the way to UIC to talk about it.

Yep.  And I get the "bucolic lifestyle" bit from a few friends who live way out in the boonies. Then I tell them about how much stuff is within walking or biking distance for me and remind them that I don't have to drive 5 (or 15) miles to a grocery store.  Different strokes...

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Well, I guess we are all pretentious in some ways.  As in my suburban friends who cannot imagine why I would live in the "urban jungle" and who continually extol the virtues of the bucolic lifestyle.  If they were on the Chainlink, they would be calling me out right now!

When I mentioned this to my cousin who lives in the suburbs, the response I got was "I just like my car too much to live in the city"…

Anne Alt said:

Yep.  And I get the "bucolic lifestyle" bit from a few friends who live way out in the boonies. Then I tell them about how much stuff is within walking or biking distance for me and remind them that I don't have to drive 5 (or 15) miles to a grocery store.  Different strokes...

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

I can't take it any more..... the awful wait for someone to post the phrase "smug superiority."

So I'm posting it myself.

Please do better next time.

I was going to post that, but decided that I was too good for that kind of barbaric behavior.

h' 1.0 said:

I can't take it any more..... the awful wait for someone to post the phrase "smug superiority."

So I'm posting it myself.

Please do better next time.

Adam,

Your smug superiority is sickening.

Anne,

Your smug superiority is sickening.

Anne Alt said:

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Maybe they are disgusted by your smug superiorty.

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

globalguy said:

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Sorry folks, that's all I have time for right now. Can anyone help?

= like being insulated from reality - good and bad.

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

When I mentioned this to my cousin who lives in the suburbs, the response I got was "I just like my car too much to live in the city"…

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service