Thank god someone is thinking about the shortage of suburban style restaurants in the city.

And the lucky neighborhood is:

http://www.chicagorealestatedaily.com/article/20130326/CRED05/13032...

Views: 2949

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I guess we are all pretentious in some ways.  As in my suburban friends who cannot imagine why I would live in the "urban jungle" and who continually extol the virtues of the bucolic lifestyle.  If they were on the Chainlink, they would be calling me out right now!

globalguy said:

And do they enjoy hearing pretentious city dwellers snicker about where suburban women live or work?

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Yes!  There are many women in the suburbs who want to ride bikes and came all the way to UIC to talk about it.

Jennifer on the lake said:

The Chainlink welcomes our suburban sisters who attended Women Bike Chicago!

Yep.  And I get the "bucolic lifestyle" bit from a few friends who live way out in the boonies. Then I tell them about how much stuff is within walking or biking distance for me and remind them that I don't have to drive 5 (or 15) miles to a grocery store.  Different strokes...

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Well, I guess we are all pretentious in some ways.  As in my suburban friends who cannot imagine why I would live in the "urban jungle" and who continually extol the virtues of the bucolic lifestyle.  If they were on the Chainlink, they would be calling me out right now!

When I mentioned this to my cousin who lives in the suburbs, the response I got was "I just like my car too much to live in the city"…

Anne Alt said:

Yep.  And I get the "bucolic lifestyle" bit from a few friends who live way out in the boonies. Then I tell them about how much stuff is within walking or biking distance for me and remind them that I don't have to drive 5 (or 15) miles to a grocery store.  Different strokes...

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

I was going to post that, but decided that I was too good for that kind of barbaric behavior.

h' 1.0 said:

I can't take it any more..... the awful wait for someone to post the phrase "smug superiority."

So I'm posting it myself.

Please do better next time.

= like being insulated from reality - good and bad.

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

When I mentioned this to my cousin who lives in the suburbs, the response I got was "I just like my car too much to live in the city"…

Former farm kid, former city dweller, current suburban dweller, future boonies dweller chiming in.

Meh.

Thanks for jumping in for my suburban friends.  They probably are.

h' 1.0 said:

Maybe they are disgusted by your smug superiorty.

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

globalguy said:

And do they enjoy hearing pretentious city dwellers snicker about where suburban women live or work?

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Yes!  There are many women in the suburbs who want to ride bikes and came all the way to UIC to talk about it.

Oak Park and Evanston are pretty short on strip malls and parking lots...

So are some of the other near suburbs, and they are very bikable as well.

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

The suburbs? Ugh, go back to your parking lots and strip malls.

globalguy said:

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Yep, only quasi suburban by modern standards.  ;)

notoriousDUG said:

Oak Park and Evanston are pretty short on strip malls and parking lots...

Ironic-dining dates with my girlfriend just got a lot more accessible!

nevermind

OH snap! I love me some little Caesars but I ride a bike to it.

Mostly LC is for the weekend when you have $15 dollars so you get a pie and 6 pack.

Cameron 7.5 mi said:

An Olive Garden will totally ruin the urban character of the block destroying the tree lined parking lot islands and driving customers away from other nearby Italian themed eateries like Little Ceasars.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service